Night Fishing Report 9-11

Micheal Kyle

What a night Someone must have payed the electric bill because the switch was back on. I did not get down there untill 1:30-2:00am. and fished untill 5:00am. The fishing was great after the storms rolled through. I started way down by Point Royal and did not move. I had several fish last night that would measure 18-19 inches and a lot of them were Browns. I would say that 50% of the fish I caught were Browns. I did have one nice bow that would measure right at 21". Sorry no pics this trip I forgot to charge the camera befor I left. I Started the night out with mohair Leeches and they were working so well I decided that it was time to use some of my old time favs. I put on a purple bunny leech and picked fish up went to a black one and picked fish up. I went to one of my old stand by which is a bunny zonker with a peacok body and that worked. I ended the night using a brown wooly sculpin and fishing it right below the surface. That is what I picked up the nice bow on. I would have to say I had a least 40 fish if not more last night. I was down by myself and just had a blast. The fish were hitting so much last night that there were a couple of times were I was getting ready to move and reeling in my line and got hit. I hope that it will be like this all week and Fall. Leonard I hope it was a good night for you too.

Michael

To Know People Is To Know Thier Ways!

Michael....

I cant wait to get back and start fishing at night with you again. I will be back in town the first or second week of November. Id like to come back sooner, but I have the Trial in Fresno. Brian thinks that I will do pretty well and qualify for the nationals newxt october in boulder. The blood red has been killing fish out here dead drifted under a hopper. I have a new streamer to show you, in fact I might mail you a few to try out. I think youll like it.

Randy

There are two types of people. Those who dream dreams and wish, then there are the do'ers. I am a do'er!

You qualify for NATIONALS must be the ROD (LOL) Have to love the Scott Rods. Yea send me the fly I would love to try it. I don't think you know this but Kristina and I are comming back to Colorado the last week in September. Maybe you could come up to Estes and fish one day. On Friday I have a Private ranch booked on the Larime River Rod fees were cheap. And they limit to only 6 per week. if you wanted to come up on that Thursday or Saturday we could take the 3-4mile hike up to Spruce lake and fish. By then they could have snow Spruce lake is right at 10000'. A lot of Greenbacks could be a lot fun. Let me know.

Michael

yeah....The La Platas Already have snow. Its been down in the 30's at night already out here. River is blown out again beacuse we got the remanants of Hurricane John in Baja. I wont be able to make it up there that weekend. Girlfriend is coming out to visit....dont think that she would like me to drive to denver...hahaha. have a good trip out. One of these days, you and kristina will have to make a trip down my way. Ill take you to the pine.

There are two types of people. Those who dream dreams and wish, then there are the do'ers. I am a do'er!

well... here's my report from last night... alittle late but good...

fishing was great... the numbers were there last night... 30-35 from about 10pm-2am.. on a white sculpin... I see Michael hit the lower... and I fished the top above the big hole to chute 1...

in the big hole.. I caught 8 fish on a crackleback.. 5 of those were little brown bewteen 8-14 in... and pick up 3 fish one right after the other on a white unweighted woolly... and they shut off...

so I tied on a white mohawk sculpin.. first fish was a 19 brown and 2 bow 18...

about 12:30 I figure Id try up bewteen chute 1 and 2...

on the way through the parking lot there was a couple of guys from Jefferson City... so I offered if they want to fish together with me... 1 did the other didnt...

1st cast out was a 17in bow...his first cast out scored a fish to..

this happened over the next 2 hour... almost ever cast was a hit... and ever other cast or so was a hooked fished.. but a few of them was getting off... about ever 7-10 hit (strike) we get the fish to our hand...

all in all what a night!!

Leonard

murdoc

I'm not sure if there is one on the site or not. If you google it you can find a lot of them out there. It is a real simple pateren to tie Take regular rabbit strip tie on a tail then take cross cut and palmer to the eye. I like to wrap my lead and I use 3x or4x long hooks. Great fly this time of year.

Michael