Fishing Report 4-9-2012

Fishing was awesome yesterday! My dad and I caught fish on everything we threw at them. The Corps was running about one generator and the weather was warm, cloudy with a little breeze, perfect for catching fish. We started out just above KOA and drifted all the way back down to Lilleys' Landing catching fish the whole was down. We started out throwing the X-Rap, size 8 in gold and caught just a few but mostly browns. Fishing this is easy but it wears you out. Just reel in fast jerking it along the way. We fished this down to Fall Creek. For the rest of the time we both fished a sculpin and ginger 1/8oz jig. We caught fish on this all the way to Lilleys' Landing. A good majority of the fish were around Short Creek and just down from the dock at Fall Creek on the bluff side. It didn't seem to matter to much though where we fished in the river because we caught fish out in the channel and along the banks. We would just cast out let it sink and bounce it off of the bottom keeping the line tight all the way back to the boat. We did catch about six browns through out the afternoon but nothing really big.

post-10068-0-77690100-1336565184_thumb.j

post-10068-0-02705500-1336565192_thumb.j

post-10068-0-73713100-1336565199_thumb.j

post-10068-0-30387800-1336565208_thumb.j

Darin Schildknecht Pro Staff - Lilleys' Landing Resort & Marina Lake Taneycomo, Branson, Missouri

They must of stocked some browns recently, 2 of the 24 fish I caught Sunday night just below the root wad were 10-12 inch browns, pleasant surprise this time of year.

F2F

I think they did 5000 of them earlier this year.

Darin Schildknecht Pro Staff - Lilleys' Landing Resort & Marina Lake Taneycomo, Branson, Missouri

10lb fluorocarbon. I have also used 4lb but i was afraid I would break it setting the hook. With the xrap you can use bigger because its moving fast.