Turkey Talk

sandbc

Any one have good luck this turkey season? I only got to go 3 times and never saw a bird while hunting. Most people I have talked to had the same story. I saw a hen yesterday with 6 little ones following her. Way early for that like everything else.

I had a heck of a time with the birds this year. I did manage to get 2 jakes(one had 3 beards). Had real issues with my gun and missed 2 big

Gobblers before I got it fixed. Dang jakes made me work for em. Had to do a lot of belly crawling.

Don't you wish you could have let the 3 bearded jake grow up and get him when he was a big boy. I have never seen a multi bearded jake before. Guess I always figured that came with age on selected birds. Been there on the miss before too. Had a dude shell last year that cost me a nice bird. Glad to here you had some luck.

Part of me wishes that I would have let him walk, but as much hunting pressure and poaching as there is around me, I doubt I would have ever seen him as an adult anyway.

My very first bird was a 2 year old with (5) beards. Most birds with multiple beards will grow them all from the start. Some may never grow more than an inch, but they may also grow just as much as the main beard.

Nice job everyone. Wish I could have hunted more days. Just to busy a work. I usually get several rain days during the season to go but not this year. Guess i shouldn't complain. I sat at home alot when the economy crashed a few years ago.

• Members

Killed one on Stockton opening day. Second week I went one day and was the first day in 6 seasons I stuck out. I have had the crazy easy luck on Stockton since I started hunting there, hope this doesn't start up a dry spell. Also went to Kansas and killed 2 big rio's out there on the first Friday of season. The other guy I went with killed his 2 on the same day. Drove 6 1/2 hours to hunt one day and drive back. Cant beat that. The good Lord blessed me this season and I am so thankful for each and every trip.