Up Date To The Project Healing Waters Event

Idylwilde

Just to update on the Project Healing Waters Event that will be held on September 28-29 at Reed's Cabins Montauk State Park. Come out and join in on the fellowship, music and fishing.

healing waters.pdf

Take a Child Fishing they are the future of the sport.

Sorry for the fast fingers on the dates it is Friday the 28th throught Saturday 29th breakfast on the 30th

Thank You Bob A for the flies you sent they was great and the guy's will love them. Thanks again and if you can get away come on over and enjoy the day with us.

• Members

I dropped into Reed's this past Tuesday. Kelly is really excited about the event and it seems to be gathering a good head of steam. I know that Cookie and more than a few of the Troutbusters will be in attendance. If I can squeeze in the entire weekend or even just Saturday I'll be there as well. Great cause!

• 3 weeks later...

We would like to post a special THANK YOU to Phil (Lilly's Landing) for the tying bench he donated to the event! Anyone who comes to the event will be in awe of the amount and quality of the items we have that will be offered at the event.

• 4 weeks later...

We want to thank all the people and vendors that made this event a success and especially the Missouri Trout Busters and the Cole Family who did such a great job of feeding and entertaining the people. The Music was outstanding along with the Bar-B-Q supper and breakfast that was served.

This was the first year we have hosted the event and are planing for next year to be even bigger and better.

We raised over $4000.00 for the Vets & saw many people make new friends & learn about fly fishing for the first time. That was what it was about. We want to thank Bill & Patty Traw of the Mammoth Spring Campground for all the help and support they gave to the event.

I would also like to thank Steve Brigman of the Trout Bum Pod cast for being here and we will post a link to the podcast as soon as it is online. And last but not least The tying Bench Television Show with Mark VanPatten for the special they will air on PBS about the event.

Thank you all for what you did for the event.

The Photos are of the anglers who enterd the 2+2 and the winner Dave Reed who won with a 16.5" fish. Note he gave the $386.00 rod back to healing Waters Who sold it to an active duty vet for $300.00 that went to Healing Waters.

post-9725-0-71421700-1349193924_thumb.jp

post-9725-0-48897200-1349194101_thumb.jp