I Guess The Fish Work For The Government - Shut Down

9LB

Went out last night. Got a late start, hit the road construction so I did not hit the water until 6pm. I was SO excited the conditions looked to be perfect and I had some real high expectations. Water temp was 74 degrees. The entire lake was covered in water bugs and when I would cast you would see them scatter across the water for 1000 yards. The shad balls seemed to be off the points and I could pull up all kinds of great stuff on the radar but nothing would bite. I thought my radar may have been on demo mode. I threw topwater, ratl trap, square bill, flickr shad, jig and maybe even my wife at them. We did manage 2 smallmouth off a point in about 20 ft of water on a white twin tail grub. I should of broe out the spoons but the sun was setting. I will be up this weekend with some new weapons and new tactiics. Wonder what the cold front is gonna do.

Some other guys were saying they were running up the river and flippin wood in 3 to 8 fow near deep water. said they were in tight and down trees were better than standing. i haven't bass fished much this year so i don't know for certain. hope this helps!! good luck and good fishin

We fished down by the dam from 9:30 am until 4:30 pm. Ended up catching at least 25 but only 2 were keepers. Two long flat points saved our bacon. They produced the majority of the fish. Caught them on a variety of baits. Pop R, shakey head rigged with a senko, jig, crankbait, etc. It was a beautiful day and had a couple of rain showers. Not much wind. Main lake produced better than back in the coves.