Roaring River

timsfly

If you are looking for something different, the lower part of Roaring River is fishing pretty good right now, fished it a bit yesterday morning and it fished pretty good, the last rains we got must have moved a few fish down. I started at the muncy Cemetary and fished up almost to the park boundry,(about a mile and a 1/2) caught 13 nice trout, 2 browns and 11 rainbows, most were about 12" long(stockers) and both the browns were about 15 or 16" long and looked like they had been in the river awhile. caught everything on a dk. olive/ grizzly hackled conehead woolybugger. # 8 Hook. Saw several eagles and one otter, it was really nice on the river yesterday.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

I wade fished. To get to this area: If you come in on 112 from cassville or seligman, you will come into the park, and at the bottom of the hill, (either way you come in on 112 you come down a big hill to get to the park.) you will turn on F hwy, it only turns one way, east. go down F untill you go past the conservation turn out area, the first road past the turn out area, is the road to turn on, you will turn to the right, you will go about a mile and come to an old cemetary it is on your left, I park in that area or go down to the bridge, a few hundered yards further down. I usually work my way upstream from there, you will need to do a lot of walking to find fish, but you will see few if any fisherman. Good luck.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

No, trout hold in there year round, and for another couple of miles down stream, now in cases like last year, it was harder on them than usual, but you know we caught fish down there in aug. and sept. and the water was low, you had to fish the undercut banks and the deeper holes, but there were trout there. We catch trout and white bass togeather a lot of times in the early spring, and as the lake gets warmer the trout move back up into the cooler water of roaring river. In the winter you never know what you might catch.

Not many smallies or panfish in there untill you get to the 86 bridge(the 86 bridge at eagle rock) Not many small mouth in there at all, but plenty of kentuckys to keep you busy and lots of panfish. You can wade fish most of it pretty easy, but on the lower half a canoe or kayak comes in handy. Oh yeh the conservation stocks that area about 8 times a year.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop