opening day

fireman

Howdy, probably won't make it down for opening day, but I never do. It's usually tough enough to fight the crowd let alone when its twice crowded. I did, however make it down for opening weekend last year, and it wasn't so bad. I usually go for "guys weekend out" once in the spring and once in the fall, but visit several times in between and always stay on loop four and in site 423 when available.

I didn't really see too many changes in the park from '03 to '04 and don't really expect anything drastic.

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them

• 1 month later...
ok so who all is going to montauk on opening day? i will be there camping in loop 4. can anyone tell me if they made any drastic changes to the stream like they did last year?

thanks

fireman

...did opening day once...at bennett..way tooooooo crowded for me!!! Will not do anymore opening days. I guess I enjoy the solitude and peacefulness too much. Use to get up early for the horn when at Montauk...but usually do not make it on the water until after 10:00 now!!!

i spent almost every friday down at montauk during catch and release. I didnt notice any changes that werent already in place in 2005. I will be down there for the 1st and 2nd and then that opening weekend. From the early expectations the mdc doesnt expect as many people ive heard, since the opener is smack dab in the middle of the week. I havent been to an opener in years and hopefully it wont take its toll on me this year

good luck to everybody thats going!

Jason