Im Hooked

MrDucky

Well i got too FF today at the get together @ Taney. I caught a nice brown on a brown leech after lunch . Man it was really cool , I want to thank Phil , Leonard , JJ,Russ & the others who took time to help me with Fly Fishing today , I have to admit i was so frustrated not having waders and trying to cast in the wind Not FUN!!!! lol but Phil should me some casting stuff and its become easier , >>>> note to self , practice casting in the living room , no wind ) lol but all in all it's safe to say Im hooked on Fly Fishing now .

Yikes!!! I Hate that warning horn

Welcome to your new obsession... You sound like me about six years ago.

One piece of advice... either hit the lottery, PCH sweepstakes, or get a second job. You'll need the money to buy all the toys and pay for all the fishing trips, clinics, conclaves, meetings, etc.... :lol:

Also, plan on a trip to Mountain Home, AR in March to the Sowbug Roundup. Click here for more information. This would be a good venue to learn more, have a good time, and fish some great waters.

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

• Members

MrDucky, first of all, I want to see a pic of your living room if it's big enough to cast in. I'll have to draw the specs in the blueprints of my next house for a casting corridor. Hey, that's actually a good idea.

One thing I do when teaching people how to cast, is videotape them from the side, then play back the tape so they can see their casting stroke. It really helps point out areas they need to work on. I do the same with myself every once in awhile. Keeps me from establishing bad habits. I also tie a fly using red yarn and snip off the whole barb. This way you can see it on the video.

This technique is especially helpful when teaching kids who may not understand the terminology such as loading the rod, or tailing loops.

Welcome to the club, good luck

G

Ducky it was my privlage to help ya get the brownie loose :lol:

Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough." unknown author

The Second Amendment was written for hunting tyrants not ducks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Ducky

As a fellow newbie to this I too would like to see that living room of yours. I chose to practice in my back yard. It is not as exciting as threading a fly thru the light and over the TV, but it is a lot cheaper than replacing fixtures. :lol:

Speaking from experience, Terry is right. Either get another job, give up eating, (obviously not MY first choice), or learn to live on eBay. Suggestion 2, no matter what, stay out of the Fly Shops. They are like heroin. You walk in to buy a fly or two and several hundred dollars later you are scratching something saying "what happened?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Enjoy

LMW

Yes, I'm That Guy

MrDucky,

Glad to meet you and family on New Years.

Regrets that I did't fish with you when I fished visiting that afternoon. Good thing I guess because fishing then was alot slower than it was earlier in the day (or maybe it was just me).

Anyhow I have only 2-3 years experience flyflinging and I realize no matter what, I will always consider myself as a beginner. If you don't believe me, ask yourself the same question several years from now. That's what will keep you coming back.

Good fishin'.....Don

Don May

I caught you a delicious bass.

I echo earlier sentiments, FF is very addictive, its almost the same thrill for me that bass tournament fishing used to give me. I just have to sit back and take stock of everything and remember that this is not something that you can master overnight, it takes time practicing, fishing and tying to master it, and even then, I know that I will only have a fraction of the vast knowledge that is out there. That's what makes this sport so intriguing. No matter how good you think you are, you'll never master it all.

All you need is a living room that is 60 feet long with a 12 foot ceiling... and a 6 foot rod...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

Whoa that would be a large living room , but living in a apartment with a 9 ft ceiling and it being 12 ft by 12 ft hasnt been a good ideal LOL :lol: . Note too self move into a bigger house :lol: , Im just gonna have to settle for the parking lot outside :lol:

Yikes!!! I Hate that warning horn