Quick Hickory Creek Report

wmander

• Members

More of a traditional bass fisherman but here's a quick Hickory Creek Report. Water is still stained but bass are descent shallow. Graphed a ton of bait fish and stripers off main lake channel swings around Hickory Creek and point 12 (junction of White River and War Eagle Creek). Caught a limit of +20inch stripers early in no time with an Alabama rig in 8-15 ft in no time. Not really my style but wanted to catch some fish!! Great time/place to get a kid hooked on fishing!! Good luck!

Hey! Thanks for the report. Bass reports are always welcome and encouraged. Not enough of those around anymore. Sounds like a good time to me. Except for lugging the a-rig (chrome Christmas tree with hooks). Got a box full of them. Hate em'. Lol!

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

You being funny or serious?

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I was just surprised to hear you trolling. Reason I asked. :-)

I found the crappie really shallow under the walkways of boat docks & logs in between docks.

Minnow & slip bobber 2.5ft deep was the ticket.

I ran out of daylight or could've caught a limit of big crappie

Nice! I've got a few new tricks to try on something like that. Hope to go after work this week.