Colorado

choclabs

• Members

I am trying to plan a family camping trip to Colorado and I am needing some help. Of course, I am wanting to camp in proximety to some good flyfishing.I have an option of going the third week in June or second week in August. I am leaning toward August since I suspect that water levels would still be high in June from runoff. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on where to go. I will be pulling a camper trailer so I can't get too remote, although obviously I could make short drives from camp to fish. Any inpit from others experiences woulod be of great help. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

You could just look me up at the Caddis Company in Durango. Right on the Animas River and its only an hour to the San Juan. There is a KOA right out side of town to Camp Which is also right on the river. We also have access to some high country streams and to some private sections of tailwater on the Los Pinos "The Pine".

There are two types of people. Those who dream dreams and wish, then there are the do'ers. I am a do'er!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been to Estes Park quite a few times, most recently in 2004, and I would highly recommend it. There are many places to camp, many things to do(especially for kids), and Rocky Mountain National Park is breathtaking. This campground borders RMNP and has reasonable rates http://www.estesparkcampground.com/. I have about a million pictures of RMNP if you want to see any.