This Weekend

Stump bumper

I went down War eagle  and even though the water had more of a green tint than brown visibility was not good. I did find some back pockets with 52 degree water but for the most part it was 48-49. One throw with the cast net got more thread fin then I needed. Drifted around found some small whites , but no big wall of bait or big fish. Really strange year, I just can't locate the stripers or even a good run of whites. Wind was brutal but lasted until after 5pm without a jacket, can't beat that for February. Talked to some crappie fishermen who were catching 9inch crappie but could not find any over 10.  I saw a few striper boats but they were are on plane.

That cold muddy water is just not very good to me, I will be glad to see it turn blue.

Well I got out on this beautiful February day and totally wiffed! Fished around Deer & Bear islands watching a pretty empty screen. Brown water everywhere 47-48 degrees. Visibility about 2" so didn't even think about a jerk bait. Gave up after 3 hours but really enjoyed the time on the water. Every boat I saw was going upstream. Anybody do any good?

I got out to Monte Ne for a little this afternoon.  Chocolate Milk!  Water temp was 49-51ish.  Lots of birds and marked quite a few fish- many were active and seemed to be up high in the water column (less than 10 ft) or down lower (30 ft) suspended in deeper water (40+feet).  I was dragging flicker shads and couldn't get a bite.  Had my little girls with me and the wind was pretty strong so my options were limited.  Not bad for Feb but I have never figured out Beaver on muddy water.  Talked to some guys bass fishing- said they had a rough day and had run to the dam this morning looking for cleaner water.  Told them they need to go the other way.

Can anyone bring up the Everett Results for this weekends tournament? I cannot get it to work, I can see the points and know who one but was curious about the winning weights and number of zeros. I am betting there was a large gap, from what I saw in the river if you were not throwing a jig you did not get a bite. I was out later in the afternoon the morning could have been a different story.

If you can see the results, please copy and paste a few here.

1 hour ago, Stump bumper said:

Can anyone bring up the Everett Results for this weekends tournament? I cannot get it to work, I can see the points and know who one but was curious about the winning weights and number of zeros. I am betting there was a large gap, from what I saw in the river if you were not throwing a jig you did not get a bite. I was out later in the afternoon the morning could have been a different story.

If you can see the results, please copy and paste a few here.

I haven't been able to either. Must not be up yet. 

I know that when I was weighing in there were numerous bags of 15 plus. Including I believe a 19lb and something bag. 

They put my three fish to shame, but it was a lot of fun and I left room for improvement. :) 

I fished the Everret yesterday with mixed results. Had fish found in both clear and dirty water..ran to the clear water fish first and they had left the area. Worked my way back to the dirtiest water I could find and started putting it together, just couldn't get a big bite. Had a respectable 11 1/2 pounds but didn't even come close to a check!!  Lol!!  

19.79 was 1st, 19.19 was 2nd and several 13-14 pound bags!!  Took 13 pounds to get in the money at 30th place. Beaver was on fire and showed out yesterday!!!