Anyone Fished The Tan Vat Area Lately?

OKFlyFisher44

horrible first post, definitely a troll lol .... you dont usually make a post like that if you are new and want to get along with people

i would say i would whoop ya with the spinning or fly rod take your pick but ill be the grown up and let it ride ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
horrible first post, definitely a troll lol .... you dont usually make a post like that if you are new and want to get along with people

i would say i would whoop ya with the spinning or fly rod take your pick but ill be the grown up and let it ride ;)

Hey 10 point????? YOU SHOULD NEVER CHALLENGE A MAN... THEN BACK- OUT LIKE THE BETTER MAN.. NOT COOL... DID I SAY I RULED THE CURRENT? LIKE YOU? IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE THE GROWN UP, WHY POST SUCH BS? WHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE ANYWAY. YOU DON'T KNOW ME. why don't you put youR rod where your mouth is... Never been one to compete, but bring it on. I have plenty of time. Name place and time. And i refuse to use lures. You can.

I have a right to voice my opinion. OZARK>>>> DID I SAY IT WAS MY LITTLE GEM?.. N0 I DIDN'T. SO W/E... SAID IT WAS OUR RIVER. jUST BECAUSE YOU GUYS POST, MAKES YOU NO BETTER THAN ME. SO JUST KEEP ON POSTING, BUILD YOUR FRAGILE EGOS. AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD TO CALL ME A TROLL, GO FOR IT B)

I DON'T LIKE TROLLING FOR FISH EITHER HAHA ;)

AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE,,, LIKE OZARK, THAT THE WHOLE STATE OF MO FISHES THE CURRENT... ARE YOU HELPING THE FISHERY? IN 10 -20 YEARS, WHEN OUR KIDS ARE LEFT WITH IT. DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. YOU TELL THE WHOLE WORLD. NOT JUST MO........ TELL THEM IT SUCKS. TAKE UP GOLFING :P I used lures on current 15 years ago. JUST SAID I PREFER TO FLY FISH NOW. I LEARNED TO FISH the CURRENT WITHOUT THE HELP OF PC-FORUMS... LET THEM LEARN ON THERE OWN. I STILL AM.

BY FISHING IT...

THE REASON PEOPLE LIKE SPIN FISHING IS BECAUSE IT'S EASY. AND THAT'S FINE. FYI I HATE SNOBBY FLY GUYS TOO. I COULD HAVE POSTED MANY REPORTS WITH PICS OF NICE BROWN TROUT, AND RAINBOWS. (MY EGO IS INFLATED ENOUGH) BUT WOULD THAT HELP MY CHILDREN? OR ANY OF OUR CHILDREN????? TO EXPERIENCE SOME OF THE GREAT FISHING I HAD ON THE CURRENT? I FEEL IT'S NOT FAIR TO OUR KIDS.

AND OZARK? YOUR A FORUM MASTER.. WHATS UP WITH THE DOUBLE POST?????????? :rolleyes:

Hey 10 point????? YOU SHOULD NEVER CHALLENGE A MAN... THEN BACK- OUT LIKE THE BETTER MAN.. NOT COOL... DID I SAY I RULED THE CURRENT? LIKE YOU? IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE THE GROWN UP, WHY POST SUCH BS? WHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE ANYWAY. YOU DON'T KNOW ME. why don't you put youR rod where your mouth is... Never been one to compete, but bring it on. I have plenty of time. Name place and time. And i refuse to use lures. You can.

I have a right to voice my opinion. OZARK>>>> DID I SAY IT WAS MY LITTLE GEM?.. N0 I DIDN'T. SO W/E... SAID IT WAS OUR RIVER. jUST BECAUSE YOU GUYS POST, MAKES YOU NO BETTER THAN ME. SO JUST KEEP ON POSTING, BUILD YOUR FRAGILE EGOS. AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD TO CALL ME A TROLL, GO FOR IT B)

AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE,,, LIKE OZARK, THAT THE WHOLE STATE OF MO FISHES THE CURRENT... ARE YOU HELPING THE FISHERY? IN 10 -20 YEARS, WHEN OUR KIDS ARE LEFT WITH IT. DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. YOU TELL THE WHOLE WORLD. NOT JUST MO........ TELL THEM IT SUCKS. TAKE UP GOLFING :P I used lures on current 15 years ago. JUST SAID I PREFER TO FLY FISH NOW. I LEARNED TO FISH the CURRENT WITHOUT THE HELP OF PC-FORUMS... LET THEM LEARN ON THERE OWN. I STILL AM.

BY FISHING IT...

THE REASON PEOPLE LIKE SPIN FISHING IS BECAUSE IT'S EASY. AND THAT'S FINE. FYI I HATE SNOBBY FLY GUYS TOO. I COULD HAVE POSTED MANY REPORTS WITH PICS OF NICE BROWN TROUT, AND RAINBOWS. (MY EGO IS INFLATED ENOUGH) BUT WOULD THAT HELP MY CHILDREN? OR ANY OF OUR CHILDREN????? TO EXPERIENCE SOME OF THE GREAT FISHING I HAD ON THE CURRENT? I FEEL IT'S NOT FAIR TO OUR KIDS.

AND OZARK? YOUR A FORUM MASTER.. WHATS UP WITH THE DOUBLE POST?????????? :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not arguing with you any further. It's not worth my time. If nobody talked to anybody else about fishing spots, we wouldn't recruit anyone more to our sport. I don't want to be responsible for that.

As FishinCricket said earlier, there are more important things than your secret spot.

Scudz

If you have looked at any statistics lately on fishing and fly fishing - participation in the sport is going DOWN. To keep the sport from dying and to keep $$ flowing into conservation we need to attract people (especially young people) to the sport. Those $$ and participation are simply vital to keeping our rivers and lakes clean and full of fish. Along those lines sharing info is not a bad thing (IMHO). I fish the current several times a year and at this point crowding is not a problem that I see?? Now the canoes/floaters - that's another matter entirely!! But that has nothing to do with this site.

I've been fly fishing in MO a long time. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable. But I learn things all the time on this site. Is that bad? I don't think so. And I truly wish this site had been available 30 + years ago when I was starting out.

Helping your fellow human beings is not a negative thing. If you think that.........well never mind!!

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell

BY FISHING IT...

Golly gee, you are a happy person, aren't you? :)

I challenge you to two things:

1: pick 5 dates during the C&R season at Bennett and I will show you how a spincaster with a maribou can outfish you and your flyrod (averaged out over five days cause that seems the fairest)

2: I challenge you to quit typing in all caps.. (it's the equivalent of screaming, and it makes you seem more heated than you probably are)

I did find one thing you said very comical:

The reason people like spinfishing is cause it's easy

That's funny right there.. lol

Yes, spinfishing is easy, I suppose.. But allow me to ask you: what's the point of fishing? Is it to get a strong forearm? A good tan? Spend your kids inheritance on all the "right" gear? I propose that I fish because I like to trick fish into eating a lure, thinking it's real food. Whatever I can use to make that easier (while still preserving the integrity and viability of the fishery, as well as within my legal bounds) is a tactic worth considering.

Sorry for ranting at you, but sour grapes tend to grow more sour grapes. Take the following quote for example:

JUST SAID I PREFER TO FLY FISH NOW.

now let's be fair, you said a little more than "I prefer the flyrod".. You said spincasting was easy to master (10-15 minutes for a youngster, wasn't it?), you said that the fight sucks as well.. And I am sure you were going easy on us.

Sour grapes man.. I sincerely hopeyour trips to the river are more peacful in nature than your trips to the forum here. Welcome again either way, I look forward to learning something from you...

cricket.c21.com

Heaviest 4....looser cooks em. deal ? well, wait a minute... you do Cook better than you fillet, right ? :unsure:

I cook best when I do it the same way I filet em.. That is to say that I have someone else do it..

Better bet some money or something instead.. lol

cricket.c21.com

BY FISHING IT...

Also, Mr Scuds Rule, fly fishing is great. I'm not attacking your sport. And your right. It probably is more difficult to master, and it most definitely can be WAY more effective than anything I can toss on my spinning rod at times. But, there are a lot of miles of trout streams in Missouri, and we can fit both fly and spin fisherman in somewhere.

Anyway, I hope you have a good, nice, relaxing fishing trip sometime soon. Because you need to relax.