Once I saw the generation predictions, turning them off over night, I committed to hitting up jfk park once it dropped out. I forgot my wafers but had my yak so I put in at the ramp, paddled up to the first inlet and drifted back to the ramp. I had only been to the little red once before and I figured the middle of the night was a bad time to explore. Caught some stocker bows, caught an 18" eye, lost a very nice brown right at the boat. Fished from 1:30am-4:45am. Caught fish on a rabbit strip leach, black, yellow, and orange buggers. Missed a nice topwater strike on a wiggle minnow.

post-17558-0-68579300-1437141906.jpg

post-17558-0-89286100-1437141926.jpg

• Members

I did the same thing last week, was there anyone else wisining up out there with you ?... I really am surprised in the summertime that we don't see hundreds of anglers lining the shore with spotlights. The night bite is always a good time! Is that a walleye or a saugeye?

"Whoa there Big Girl"

Rusty Hook & Co.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

saugeye tend to be much darker and have a different eye angle. Your right it would totally be a huge saugeye.

"Whoa there Big Girl"

Rusty Hook & Co.