OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bs1827

Fly Fishing Eastern Colorado

So I realize that like Kansas, eastern Colorado is usually just thought of as a boring obstacle that we must pass through in order to get to the mountains. I enjoy planning trips to some of these "flyover" regions, so I was wondering if there was any descent fishing east of Denver to the Colorado/Kansas line. I'm looking for anything worth the drive that would be fun on a fly rod. I'm having a hard time coming up with any information on the area (probably because there isn't much information worth sharing), so if anyone has any input or knowledge of some overlooked fishery out that way I'd love to hear about it.

I don't think there is much surface water in that part of the high plains, flat or flowing. If you want to fish the high desert there are plenty of great options but you'll need to go to the west slope of Colorado or to Wyoming or New Mexico. 

I had a feeling that was the answer that I would receive, but I figured it was worth a shot. After looking over a few maps it was pretty clear that most of the water running through the area isn't much more than small muddy creeks.