Missouri Quail Hunters?

KATroutman13

Go as much as I can, which is never enough. We hunt about 5 different farms in Missouri and managed to get into a few covies and got one pheasant. I have an english setter who is very good, but birds are becomming increasingly hard to find. Also, we try not to shoot more than about 3-4 birds out of each covey. If anyone wants to hunt next year and has a place to hunt let me know, I will bring the dog!!

Kyle,

Where do you live at. I could certainly hunt with a guy running a setter, as I run one as well. He actually had a great season this year for a 2 year old dog. I don't have any special places to hunt quail up near KC right now, just a few relatively well known public places.

• 7 months later...
Kyle,

Where do you live at. I could certainly hunt with a guy running a setter, as I run one as well. He actually had a great season this year for a 2 year old dog. I don't have any special places to hunt quail up near KC right now, just a few relatively well known public places.

I just got back from a opening day quail hunt. I bagged a limit (8) which is great for missouri. I put up two coveys of 40+ birds each.

Great day.

Angler At Law

I havent went not alot of quail around hare and the ones we do have I hate to kill them we usually buy 100 or so and set out 10 or 20 to work the dogs.

I just got back from a opening day quail hunt. I bagged a limit (8) which is great for missouri. I put up two coveys of 40+ birds each.

Great day.

Where? I was in Mark Twain for the youth hunt and we did not even see a bird.

Where you on public land?

You are so stupid you threw a rock at the ground and missed.

I'll be hunting them next year. I've been helping my father-in-law establish several covey on his land in Russellville, MO. They're getting thick, but the Conservation Agent recommended holding off the harvest til next year.

Paul Rone

I'll be hunting them next year. I've been helping my father-in-law establish several covey on his land in Russellville, MO. They're getting thick, but the Conservation Agent recommended holding off the harvest til next year.

I was on public land... but i won't say where... there is no catch and release in hunting...... but good habitat is the key.

Angler At Law

gunner-

I hunt east of KCMO on a family farm. Bird numbers vary on the 153 acres, some days I can put up 3 or 4 coveys other days we are lucky to find 1. When I was a kid we had a dairy operation with a lot of lady's running around keeping the brush down. Now without the girls tromping everything down you would think you were woodcock hunting. Very tough shooting with all the brush. And the little suckers are smart they know they can hit the cover and escape.

I usually hold off until the second or third week of the season due to the heat. Depending on the weather this next weekend I may sneak a morning hunt in. Need to get the pooches out and run some fat off.

Pat

blue line.png