Snagging From Bank?

btjohnson44

• Members

My son is flying in for Spring Break and wants to go snagging. I have snagged back in Iowa but never here. I have the rods and reels but would like advice and help since I only have two days to fish and want the best chance for him to succeed. He is 16 so he's big enough to snag.

Here are my questions, but any advice you care to give will be appreciated.

I have spinning reels and surf rods but need advice on line type and weight. I have read that alot of people are using the 80lb pline. Treble hook size and range of sinker weights would be helpful.

Where are places that have access to bank fishing? Has to be near Truman since I live in KC and can't afford the time to drive to Table Rock.

Any other things that I am not thinking of?

Thanks for helping me make this a memorable trip.

I prefer 4-6oz sinkers and 10/0 treble hooks.

A lot of people bank snag on Truman in the Schell Osage conservation area. If you get on MDC's website you can look the area up and get directions. I've also heard that people snag from the bank below Taberville bridge and have success.

Duckman is a member on this forum and almost always bank snags on Truman and catches some dandy paddlefish.

• Members
I prefer 4-6oz sinkers and 10/0 treble hooks.

A lot of people bank snag on Truman in the Schell Osage conservation area. If you get on MDC's website you can look the area up and get directions. I've also heard that people snag from the bank below Taberville bridge and have success.

Duckman is a member on this forum and almost always bank snags on Truman and catches some dandy paddlefish.

Thank you for the advice. I noticed this got posted in the Table Rock forum but I can't figure out how to move it to Truman.