Its Spring! Time To Float!

Chief Grey Bear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread took off in a hurry,

I think March 28th sounds good (actually doesn't really matter but that seems to be working for everyone else) and I too like the Lim Kiln to Pipeline float. I have never floated that section before either.

It was I indeed that said a state record goggle eye had to be in the creek. I pulled a 2 pounder out of Cherry corner about 8 years ago...at the time the record was only 2 pounds 8 oz. FishinSWMO, I hope you son catches it but if not I am sure you will have a great time watching him try.

Man, I would love to have seen that gig ol' goggle-eye. I thought it was you that said that,but couldn't remember. We might get into them on the float they are biting good right now. Chief and I have been catching quite a few G eyes so far this year.

If fishing was easy it would be called catching.

Ok we will make it Mar. 28. Here is a list of participants:

Chief - Dylan - Buzz

CDC - cousin???

Wily - son

Fishin - Andrew

Flysmallie

Anybody else want in?

What time do we launch? 9:00???

Due to the length of this float, I think I will pack me a couple of sammiches. I don't think we will have the time that we did last time. Whatever guy's think though. Chime in with something.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

I'll probably bring Emmanuel if he can do it. 9:00 is good for me.

If fishing was easy it would be called catching.

Sounds good.

Your right Chief, this is going to be a little longer float.

If I remember right CDC likes to fish slow, he might want to pack some extra sammiches.

Jeremy Dodson

Ok we will make it Mar. 28. Here is a list of participants:

Chief - Dylan - Buzz

CDC - cousin???

Wily - son

Fishin - Andrew

Flysmallie

Anybody else want in?

What time do we launch? 9:00???

Due to the length of this float, I think I will pack me a couple of sammiches. I don't think we will have the time that we did last time. Whatever guy's think though. Chime in with something.

Chief... I'd like to join you guys on this one. I've got canoes I can use but they're both down in Shell Knob. Does anyone have room for a city boy yearning for a chapped thumb or two? Also, how long is this float? I see the Lime Kiln access on the maps but don't see the take-out you guys are talking about. From what I can gather, Lime Kiln to Tipton is roughly 9 and a half miles. Is Pipeline before Tipton? I'd be down in your neck of the woods Friday night and would be at Lime Kiln to meet you all there. Looks like (for now) the weathers gonna stay in this trend. If not, rain gear or insulated waders are a wonderful thing! Just wondering, but is Pipeline accessed by Scenic Road or even Hickory Drive? Give me a holler Chief (or you too Buzz if you see this first). Hope to meet some of you on this one...

HUMAN RELATIONS MANAGER @ OZARK FISHING EXPEDITIONS

You bet you better get your butt down here! You can float with me or if Emmanual doesn't show, I'm sure Buzz will let you in with him.

Our take out will be just north of where Hickory joins Scenic. I figure it will be at least a 6 hr trip. Could be 8. It is roughly a 5 mile float. Giver or take.

I'm not sure what Dylan's guide rates are, I'm on the family plan. :lol:

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

You bet you better get your butt down here! You can float with me or if Emmanual doesn't show, I'm sure Buzz will let you in with him.

Our take out will be just north of where Hickory joins Scenic. I figure it will be at least a 6 hr trip. Could be 8. It is roughly a 5 mile float. Giver or take.

I'm not sure what Dylan's guide rates are, I'm on the family plan. :lol:

Oh Man... Dylan's got an agent! This is gonna be $$$$! Keep posting Chief on the details (if anything changes or whatever). 9:00 Sat. the 28th. Can't wait. PM me or what the heck, 816-454-1506. Jerry

HUMAN RELATIONS MANAGER @ OZARK FISHING EXPEDITIONS

• Members
Sounds good.

Your right Chief, this is going to be a little longer float.

If I remember right CDC likes to fish slow, he might want to pack some extra sammiches.

Yeah, I do like to fish slow but I will do my best to keep up with the group. :)

If we plan this out right we can keep the number of vehicles down. I can fit 6 people in my truck pretty comfortably (not including gear) or 8 if we squeeze in tight. if someone wants to meet a little early and follow me to the take out we can leave my truck and keep it to only one vehicle per group. save on gas money and having to park several vehicles at the take out.

Also, if needed I can come up with an extra canoe.