4/04/06 fishing report

Well Jaybird and I went fishing yesterday evening. We didn't get there until about 6:30pm and we were gone by 9pm but we did catch a few whites, up indian. There were two other boats that were really catching fish. They were using Road Runners. Needless to say we didn't have a road runner in the boat. in fact I think that was the first time I have ever seen someone catch fish on one. You can bet I will have some in the tackle box for the next trip. We also threw some spooks after dark for the big boys. we didn't catch any but we did have a big blow up on one but no hook up.

Good luck and Good fishing

RRV

Good luck and Good fishing

RRV

How long does the Striper top-water bite last? One of the topics is Jan/Feb night fishing, so I’m assuming it’s good the winter months and thru May but do they come up on the gravel flats in the summer and fall?

RRV is right this is the first time we have tried the top water bite at night. We only tried it for about an hour and the blow up that we had was huge. I think that this is pretty good just for some guys trying out a theory for the first time. We fished a channel swing where is was about 7-10 feet deep on the gravel and 150 yards out in the lake it was 120 ft deep. I am going to hit it hard this year and I will post the results. It was really cool to be out there in the dark and bringing in thoes zara's and hearing that one just blow up on RRV bait. Tight lines.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

Hey guys, new to the site but have fished beaver for a long time. If the whites are at the end of Indian, a 1/8 or 1/4 oz roadrunner on 6# is all you need. The biggest trick of all is stay after dark. Whites will move up on the pea-gravel along the eastern side last point. Just like the package says, S-L-O-W-L-Y with the spinner ticking the gravel. Was up there several years ago when the water was running in the creek arms and sat on that last point with a white hand-tied 1/4 oz bucktail fishing the little back-eddy. Caught a 7.5# hybrid and 13# striper within an hour and broke off on two others. When you hook one, throw a glow stick up on the bank to mark your spot! During the day, they will usually hang out in about 15-18' and right out in the middle or off the bluffs on the west side. Again roadrunners or kastmasters casted or dragged slowly.