If you didn't think we have to pay attention -

jscheetz

Just when you think there may be some sanity left in the world - - - Richard Pombo, R-Congressman from CA, has floated a draft of a bill that would sell several National Parks and the naming rights to trails. They are back pedaling now since everyone is up in arms over it. But I have been told of the "naming" rights to many places being discussed way before this. Just like teams do with their stadiums.

Somehow it just won't be the same going to see the "Pepsico Old Faithful", or going fishing on the famous "Yellow Freight Henry's Fork". etc etc - Who knows, once the ball is rolling it will be a real hoot to drift an olive scud through the "Sprint rebar hole" or maybe try for a nice bow near the "Wal-mart Flats" or wade in with the masses for a shot at a fall Brown right below the "Monster.com outlet#2".

Ahhhhh - progress

JS

"We are living in the midst of a Creation that is mostly mysterious - that even when visible, is never fully imaginable".

-Wendell Berry-

hey "Maul Swinger"

It sounds like the Rep for CA has your dander up. What's the harm in having corporations put their name on the trials or trial heads if their willing to put up enough Jack to pay the maintenance on the trails taking some of the burden off the tax payers.

Our good fellows in WA will have more $$ to waste

The Budweiser Katy line trail.

Ah... Maybe not.

" Too many hobbies to work" - "Must work to eat and play"

I believe this abomination of idea holds no truth in the long run, though I am glad you are involved.. and that you posted the idea here.

So prove me wrong, never ever - best fishes - Brian

Just once I wish a trout would wink at me!

ozarkflyfisher@gmail.com

I'm the guy wearing the same Simms longbilled hat for 10 years now.

Basskicker - Dander isn't really up - more like head is down and shaking. It's just kind of where the world is right now.

Brian, you could be right. Although this idea has been shuffled around by less public groups for years - so now that it has a public voice would seem to me that it is making some progress. It's called incrementalism. It is how parties/lobbyists/groups get their real points out there, little by little.

I believe this abomination of idea holds no truth in the long run

That is what many people including major world leaders said of a young upstart inciting hatred and radicalism in Germany in the 20s. They just shrugged it off as some "abomination of an idea" - All ideas start small and gain momentum with a few people, whether the idea turns out to be horrendous, wonderful, or somewhere in between. We'll see where this one goes -

JS

"We are living in the midst of a Creation that is mostly mysterious - that even when visible, is never fully imaginable".

-Wendell Berry-