Is there enough water on the Huzzah?

hank franklin

Al, I just came back from an overnight last night, Highway 8 to Scotia. Limited fishing as I was with my little boy but had some hot action for a spell in late afternoon. Smallies were on the attack. Fish were very quiet this morning however. We had a loaded canoe so I would've liked just a bit more water but everything else was fine.

Wonderful night last night. Brown's told me they put in a few canoes last night for a midnight float. Never done such a thing but last night was bright. We were joking around the campfire that we needed to put on moonscreen.

Sounds like we just missed eachother. A friend of mine floated 8 to Scotia on Saturday and we met down there yesterday AM and floated between Butts and Scotia on the Courtois. The fishing was a little slow but we got a couple nice ones. Quite a few fish on beds, but there were plenty of others willing to play. Great float till we got down towards the takeout. Some schmo decided to run his jet boat up the Courtois and his wake churned the water to muck for about a half hour and the kids partying at the Bridge were pretty obnoxious. Think the kids got theirs though.....HP had em pulled over up by Onandaga.

A jet boat on the Courtois? That's pretty bad.

I've floated the Huzzah numerous times but on Friday I didn't see one boat, not even one person, between Hwy 8 and Scotia. Incredible, really. I've never been on the Huzzah where I didn't see at least one boat, winter floats included.

I'm not complaining.

Hank that sounds great..we saw 5-6 boats yesterday, but they were all nice folks. Two couples from France, a family from Kirkwood, etc..Still surprised to see a jet coming up the Courtois. Never saw anyone do that before.