Fishing Report 4/23

CMAC

Had a great day yesterday fishing the Gravios area. Did manage two limits with my partner (done by noon). All fish were brush related, mainly off shore stuff. Average depth of presentation, prob. 10-15ft was the deal and real slow method. Mainly small grubs, road runners and marabous. Colors were not that important. But mainly whites and chart's with red heads.

take care.

Water Temp 64.7....what issues with the Rock? Use to fish there religously until moving to Central Mo. In fact your postings last year really helped me out!!!

• Root Admin

It seems our water temp rose so fast that alot of our crappie and white bass didn't have time to lay their eggs. What I'm gathering, they "like" temps in the lower to mid 60's and our water rose from the mid 50's to the mid to upper 60's in less than 10 days. Now alot of our water is in the 70's- at least long the banks where they wold spawn. They are holding out in deep water suspended with eggs (crappie). Whites I'm not sure. Crappies I'm really not sure either but I'm trying to put the pieces of info together I have.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I agree. Part of the problem here has been low and clear. Several weeks ago (4/15) they were as shallow as shallow gets (above Hurricane deck bridge, water clear here too). I would have thought the Gravios area would be a little behind this??? I could not get bit shallow here. So fish are either coming or going or perhaps like you mentioned not going at all??

take care.