Lowrance Gps/sonar

Billfo

I have a 10 yr old Lowrance GPS/Sonar unit (LMS-337C DF ). For its technology, I believe it to work just fine. I have the latest upgraded contour & fishing maps loaded. However......... Using the "go to" type feature of my unit really isnt good at all.. Unlike my car gps that has "turn by turn" directions, my lowrance just gives me a straight line - right thru land..

Do the newer marine gps units have "turn by turn" that will guide you in & around places like table rock ?? Is this a software upgrade I can get for my unit?

Thanks.. Billfo (Bill From Omaha)

Email me

Red-Right-Returning is for quitters !

Good luck with that 10 year old Lowrance unit. If it breaks,Lowrance has probably declared it "obsolete" and will refuse to repair it.

The marine GPS units I have experience with show a map of the body of water you are on and your current position on that map. I'm not aware, but others may be, of any unit that audibly says, for instance " Turn left at the James River arm" to get to Cape Fair. Perhaps some sort of chart plotter ???

Out dated technology-what else is new, thats me.... "" Turn left at the James River arm" to get to Cape Fair." I like it, I like it !!! :rolleyes:

Good luck with that 10 year old Lowrance unit. If it breaks,Lowrance has probably declared it "obsolete" and will refuse to repair it.

The marine GPS units I have experience with show a map of the body of water you are on and your current position on that map. I'm not aware, but others may be, of any unit that audibly says, for instance " Turn left at the James River arm" to get to Cape Fair. Perhaps some sort of chart plotter ???

Email me

Red-Right-Returning is for quitters !