Monday 12/6

This Monday started like any other... get the youngun on the bus at 7:30am, then drive East on 160 for a mile or so to work. But, I had other plans this morning. I drove right on by work, and 90 minutes later I was pulling up my waders at the Patrick Bridge Campground.

A bag of jerky, a couple of bottles of water, and a hip flask of spirit. Iced guides, bald eagles, and absolute solitude... there's something about winter trout fishing, isn't there? If you've been, you know what I mean. One thing that always strikes me is the angled sunlight. For somebody like me who isn't the most-stealthy fisherman, it's a big advantage.

Anyways, caught a couple of decent browns early on a "smallish" black stone. A couple to hand, and a couple more that came unbuttoned. Tried a big brown stone in some of the deeper runs with no luck. Fished a prince nymph for quite some time with a nice bow to hand, along with another couple of quick "unbuttons" of unknown variety... not sure what's going on there, bad technique I reckon.

I wish I could go again tomorrow.

Cenosillicaphobiac

This Monday started like any other... get the youngun on the bus at 7:30am, then drive East on 160 for a mile or so to work. But, I had other plans this morning. I drove right on by work, and 90 minutes later I was pulling up my waders at the Patrick Bridge Campground.

A bag of jerky, a couple of bottles of water, and a hip flask of spirit. Iced guides, bald eagles, and absolute solitude... there's something about winter trout fishing, isn't there? If you've been, you know what I mean. One thing that always strikes me is the angled sunlight. For somebody like me who isn't the most-stealthy fisherman, it's a big advantage.

Anyways, caught a couple of decent browns early on a "smallish" black stone. A couple to hand, and a couple more that came unbuttoned. Tried a big brown stone in some of the deeper runs with no luck. Fished a prince nymph for quite some time with a nice bow to hand, along with another couple of quick "unbuttons" of unknown variety... not sure what's going on there, bad technique I reckon.

I wish I could go again tomorrow.

Well, when you're on your way to work, just keep driving another 90 minutes...

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

Days like that keep me going... the memory of the last trip, and the planning of the next.

Dropped by the ranch on my way out and finally got to meet Justin... nice dude, great gig!

Cenosillicaphobiac

Great to meet you. A little disappointed that wasn't you in the picture with the tiny boat!

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop