Fish Today

dscott

• Members

Put in at Joe bald at 3:00 pm and fished until dark. Found a couple nice small mouth around a dock, then right before dark I started fishing the bluffs with a spoon, managed two nice Kentucky's. Only had about 30 min. into the bluffs but the bite seem to be good. Water temp was 42 on the rocks and 38 on the main points.

Put in at Joe bald at 3:00 pm and fished until dark. Found a couple nice small mouth around a dock, then right before dark I started fishing the bluffs with a spoon, managed two nice Kentucky's. Only had about 30 min. into the bluffs but the bite seem to be good. Water temp was 42 on the rocks and 38 on the main points.

That water temp seems awfully low?

Hard to believe it has dropped that quickly.

Fished the same area mentioned above Thursday thru Sunday. Had 51.7 on the Lowrance 37 LCR HD, AND 52.1 on the Lowrance 537C. Both using different tranducers and temp gauges. Fished out of Beck's boat on Friday, same area and we also had a 51 degree reading, on his Lowrance 10HD.

That should be pretty close from speaking to several guys that were on the water this weekend. Last week we were at 56 main lake. Up the James above Cape Fair seems to be cooler.

• Members

Fished the same area mentioned above Thursday thru Sunday. Had 51.7 on the Lowrance 37 LCR HD, AND 52.1 on the Lowrance 537C. Both using different tranducers and temp gauges. Fished out of Beck's boat on Friday, same area and we also had a 51 degree reading, on his Lowrance 10HD.

That should be pretty close from speaking to several guys that were on the water this weekend. Last week we were at 56 main lake. Up the James above Cape Fair seems to be cooler.

seemed low to me also, but all I had to go by was my hummingbird 7 series.???

I was out for just a couple of hours yesterday in the Cow Creek area. The Lowrances both read 50.7 to about 51.1.... The temp varied very little in the short time I was out. I didn't do very good. Spent too much time watching the graph... lol....

Spoke to some guys yesterday that fished Holiday Island to Roaring River area and they were at about 50 up there. I believe a man cam pretty much say 50 to 52 right now and fish appropreatly. Again, above Cape Fair it is durn cold. That area of the lake will freeze quicker than any other part and it gets and stays cold up there.

Good luck and thanks for the reports.

Its a little warmer on the rock than on Bull. Its around 48 around Pontiac or it was Saturday

44-48 upper long and cricket creeks.

Dscott, I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful but I can honestly say from past experieince that not all graphs read the same. And not all of them read accurately. I used to have a built in Zercom flasher with temp that read at least 4 degrees off the actual temp and only discovered that after comparing with a swimming pool temp gauge that I felt confident was accurate. I would recommend checking it against another gauge and see if you are on the mark. I don't know anything about Humminbird Series 7 graphs but I think some of them have a calibration tool. If you are 6-8 degrees off it would at least provide a mental boost since the bite would probably be pretty slow in the low 40's and upper 30's.

I fished today out of the state park area and my graphs were showing 50-51 depending on location. I was able to put 10 to my hand and had several others follow the bait to the boat. Probably had 5 that would have been keeper sized. I caught mine on jigs, warts, and asst jerk baits. Looks like weather is changing again so who knows what after Christmas will bring. Happy Holidays!!

• Members

Dscott, I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful but I can honestly say from past experieince that not all graphs read the same. And not all of them read accurately. I used to have a built in Zercom flasher with temp that read at least 4 degrees off the actual temp and only discovered that after comparing with a swimming pool temp gauge that I felt confident was accurate. I would recommend checking it against another gauge and see if you are on the mark. I don't know anything about Humminbird Series 7 graphs but I think some of them have a calibration tool. If you are 6-8 degrees off it would at least provide a mental boost since the bite would probably be pretty slow in the low 40's and upper 30's.

I fished today out of the state park area and my graphs were showing 50-51 depending on location. I was able to put 10 to my hand and had several others follow the bait to the boat. Probably had 5 that would have been keeper sized. I caught mine on jigs, warts, and asst jerk baits. Looks like weather is changing again so who knows what after Christmas will bring. Happy Holidays!!

Thanks, I didn't take it that way. I will see what I can do to check or adjust the temp raedings.