Upper End In The Wind

rps

I was going out yesterday but got side tracked when I put a wart treble in my thumb while getting ready. Of course, as always, it wasn't a standard hook but one of the Barbarians with the technical bend that made a push through something I couldn't do alone. Went to the minor emergency clinic, endured the usual jokes, and then went back to the marina to put the boat lift back up.

Today I decided to try again even though it was blowing like crazy. Water was 47.5 in the channel and 50 with color at the back of creeks. I fished a wart, a twin spin, and a finesse worm on a jig head. I avoided a skunk but it was a near thing. Two dinks in four hours. Both on the worm inside creeks. I admit the wind made it very difficult to fish efficiently,

I did not run far and cannot report on anything above Beaver or below Stubblefield. Hope you all can do better than this.

Do they know you by your first name yet at the ER ?? Dang, that's not supposed to happen..(But I've been there for sure)..

At least you got outdoors. I did to, but it wasn't fishing. Thanks for the report rps...

I was going out yesterday but got side tracked when I put a wart treble in my thumb

Your thumb...when I went to the ER, my Rapala was hooked on my shoulder. They called me "The Pirate" and "Captain Hook" for weeks. :)

I really shouldn't admit this, but I have lost count of lifetime self inflicted wounds. The combination of clumsy and very sharp hooks is a poor one. Four out of the last five years I've put one in past the barb. In 2010 I did it twice. Fortunately my most common hooking points are my hands and usually I can remove it without assistance.