Big Fish ?

TRSmallie

• Members

I caught this girl yesterday and have some weight issue?’s. She measured 26.25" long and 19" girth. That equals 10.91 lbs according to the bassmaster calculator. I have caught 2 fish over 8lb smaller than her before. But I can't believe she is almost 11 lbs. Has anyone that has caught a fish recently close to those measurements or weight tell me what weight they think she is actually closer to.

post-5558-13031414953037_thumb.jpg

post-5558-13031415315122_thumb.jpg

I had a fish this March at Lake Fork with very close dimensions as yours. Mine was 26" long and girth was 19". My fish went 10.75 lbs with a reliable scale. Only unsure thing is that I measured the girth while my dad held the fish vertically. If held horizontally the girth prolly woulda been a bit more cuz the eggs woulda been sagging more. And granted, my fish was a Florida strain. But I'd say with your dimensions, it has got to be around there, cuz your dimensions and weight closely compare with what mine was. At the very least, I think it is very safe to say that you reached the 10+ club! Congratulations!

Here's a pic of the 10.75 for comparison.

post-9193-13031476381392_thumb.jpg

Set the hook first, ask questions later...

• Members

Saw that same picture on a ladies phone at my work this morning. Heard it was caught on a jig.

Yes it was. I pour and tie my own. It was a MO Craw pattern with a Grn Pmkn Paca craw trailer

It's extremely hard to tell the way you are holding her. If she were upright it would be easier. That big girl I caught 3 weeks ago, was the same length, She was 9.6 on a Repala Scale. Did not measure girth, but yours looks much heaver thru the gut. If you were holding her by the jaw it woud have been easier to tell. Great Catch, what ever she might weight. A real trophy.