Fishing Report Dam Area

Don House

• Fishing Buddy

Another one of those strange days indeed yesterday, Started out around 6:30am at Big Cedar running up lake into the creek arms and fishing secondary points with docks and timber, depth of fish is from 15 to 25 feet with larger schools in the 40 feet range staging to move up.. Seen alot of beds and a few roaming fish, but looks like they pushed back out early.. Red Fins, Spooks, Split Shot Rigs, Shakey Jigs, Flukes, Senkos, Grubs and Blades in the wind you name it, fish were just slow at best, only had 4 fish with one really good black by noon..

Then it happened again 12:00 to 3:00pm it was like someone flipped the light switch on again.. Same locations we had fished in the morning flat came to life in the afternoon.. Just one point gave us 14 fish, had to have wind blowing in on it and it had to be pea gravel or small rock.. Slow dragging of the split shot rig with a green pumpkin fish doctor was the best bite by 5 to 1, but they were eating a shakey jig and a few on blades in the blasting winds.

Still locating very large schools of spotted bass on the front of some deep water docks, have not found a way to get them to bite yet, have a few items to try this afternoon, but when they do holy cow going to be a blast.

Had two days last week early morning around 6:30 had fish just flat eating the red fin, nice large fat spotted bass, but that has slowed, waiting on some good cloudy days and that should really take off. Getting really close, fish are in a holding pattern and waiting temps to warm the water or the Next Full Moon.. Really feel like when they go it will be an all out dash..

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. Don

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake and Taneycomo Lake
Branson MO

branson%20fishing%20guide%20service1.gif

Branson Fishing Guide Service Website

Pro Staff for G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling Motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Ardent Reels, Seaguar, Berkley-Fishing

• Fishing Buddy

Duck, it was crazy... Had to go back into protected pockets most of the time, really good banks were of course out there in the wind.. It was all I could do to hold the boat for my clients.. But it paid off.. No Flyrods here, heck had to double the weight on these split shot rigs just so you could cast them and they still just hung in the air for a few seconds... Once it turned on it was great..

Be Safe

Don

Capt. Don House
Branson MO

Pro Staff for G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling Motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Ardent Reels, Seaguar, Berkley-Fishing

• Fishing Buddy

That is great news Sounds like fishing is good down by the dam!

Techo, Well from what I hear is that Aunts Creek is really on right now.. Ton's of fish everywhere... Just look for the Guy in the White and Red Skeeter ask him where to fish he will help you.. You will know it is him, little boat and this Oak Tree of a man sitting in the seat.. Tell Him I sent you... :secret-laugh:

Later Buddy.,..

Don

Capt. Don House
Branson MO

Then it happened again 12:00 to 3:00pm it was like someone flipped the light switch on again.. Same locations we had fished in the morning flat came to life in the afternoon.. Just one point gave us 14 fish, had to have wind blowing in on it and it had to be pea gravel or small rock.. Slow dragging of the split shot rig with a green pumpkin fish doctor was the best bite by 5 to 1, but they were eating a shakey jig and a few on blades in the blasting winds.

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. Don

Hello Don,

I have seen this scenerio myself alot of times when the fish this time of year wont start biting til up in the day. I cant help but think the surface temp warms up and the bait fish pull up thus making the bass more active.

HOOK 'EM HORNS

• Fishing Buddy

Hello Don,

I have seen this scenerio myself alot of times when the fish this time of year wont start biting til up in the day. I cant help but think the surface temp warms up and the bait fish pull up thus making the bass more active.

It has been happening to me alot this year.. Fish are there and just not biting... Come back 4 hours later and load the boat.. Spring Fishing gotta love it!

Good Fishing

Capt. Don House
Branson MO