Does Anyone Want To Do A Summer Fly Swap?

I will be in the process of moving next month and everything is going to be a royal mess. Not sure how many flies I can get tied in the next couple of weeks, but put me down for a Size 16 Caddis Emerger. I'll get started on them today. How many flies will we need? Two from each tyer with a limit of 12 tyers?

I was thinking that if we can get 12 people, then you tie out 12 flies. Everyone sends their dozen to me, and in return you get one dozen flies back, including one of your own(it just makes life a little easier when divying them up for me).

“The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people” J. Brandeis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that if we can get 12 people, then you tie out 12 flies. Everyone sends their dozen to me, and in return you get one dozen flies back, including one of your own(it just makes life a little easier when divying them up for me).

Okay. I got 6 Size 16 Caddis Emergers tied up already. Only 6 more to go.

PM me with a shiping address.

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

You'll have fun with it, And you might get some flies that you never thought would work. If we get twelve guys, you tie 12 flies and ship them to me. I take everyone's flies and divy them up, and then send them back out.

Put me down for Mic's Wet Brass, size 12. When do I have the have them done by?

Put me down for Mic's Wet Brass, size 12. When do I have the have them done by?

I was thinking of a deadline of July 1st.

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

OK, July 1st will be the deadline. When you are done and ready, PM me and I will get you address info.

I'm interested, but also don't want to take up space for someone who hasn't participated in a swap before. If it hasn't filled up by the end of the week, count me in.

Sounds good to me.

• Members

I’m in if you’ll take a “somewhat” new guy (I’ve swapped 5 or 6 times on another board). July 1st sounds perfect for me. I love to tie with the ballgame on in the background. I didn’t even know there was a fly swap section on this board till I saw your post in the “General” section.

I’ll tie one of two flies. Either a reverse para emerger (Roy Christie style) in a Blue Winged Olive or Hares Ear. I like to use it as a light-weight indicator fly but it catches pretty good on its own. Or a woven body soft hackle I’ve been working on over this past winter. I’d like to get a chance to fish it for trout a few times before I swap it though (it does catch gills). Maybe I’ll take this as an excuse to get to Blue Springs this weekend. hehehe

-D

I’m in if you’ll take a “somewhat” new guy (I’ve swapped 5 or 6 times on another board). July 1st sounds perfect for me. I love to tie with the ballgame on in the background. I didn’t even know there was a fly swap section on this board till I saw your post in the “General” section.

I’ll tie one of two flies. Either a reverse para emerger (Roy Christie style) in a Blue Winged Olive or Hares Ear. I like to use it as a light-weight indicator fly but it catches pretty good on its own. Or a woven body soft hackle I’ve been working on over this past winter. I’d like to get a chance to fish it for trout a few times before I swap it though (it does catch gills). Maybe I’ll take this as an excuse to get to Blue Springs this weekend. hehehe

-D

If you have the patience to tie a dozen Roy Christie style emergers, or a dozen woven body soft hackles, I'll certainly fish them :D

I'm in- thinking either Slumpbusters or some big foam Cicada nastiness, since they're supposed to be coming out in droves this year.