Does Anyone Want To Do A Summer Fly Swap?

I'm willing to host a swap if anyone is interested. I was thinking just general trout flies, but if someone has a better idea let me know. I was thinking of a deadline of July 1st. Anyone interested? And I was also thinking of limiting to 12 including myself.

1. TF1985 Cree Crackleback SZ 16

2. FT57- Caddis Emerger SZ 16.

3. Zach Bearden TBD

4. Gavin TBD

5. Mic Mic's Wet Brass, size 12

6. Jason R. TBD (possible Meat Whistle)

7. Drath- Reverse Para Emerger

8. Outside Bend Slump buster

9. Cocry

10. Brian

“The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people” J. Brandeis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to host a swap if anyone is interested. I was thinking just general trout flies, but if someone has a better idea let me know. I was thinking of a deadline of July 1st. Anyone interested? And I was also thinking of limiting to 12 including myself.

Newbie questions. What is a fly swap and how does it work?

Since the rivers and lakes are all blown out, I might have time to join another swap since I can't really do any decent fishing till the water goes down this fall.

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

A fly swap is where 11 other people would tie flies and send them to troutfiend. He would then divvy them up to where each person got one or two of the other peoples flies and then send them back to us. I hope this made some kind of sense. lol

I'm down for a swap.

"Its clearly Bree time baby!"

Member: 2009 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Czech Republic. 7th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Slovakia. 4th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed The America Cup. 4th Place Team

Newbie questions. What is a fly swap and how does it work?

You'll have fun with it, And you might get some flies that you never thought would work. If we get twelve guys, you tie 12 flies and ship them to me. I take everyone's flies and divy them up, and then send them back out. So basically you get an assortment.

Flies can be what ever you want, crazy complicated or thread midges. All I ask is that you only send flies that you would personally fish with.

Right now I'm either going to tie a Cree Crackle, a purple crackle or a hunchback scud. Haven't made my mind up.

FT are you in?

No need of trout flies in the summer time...but I'll tie something.

Glad to see you.

I wish I hadn't dropped out of the last one, and I told myself I'd join the next one for sure, but I'm just way too busy right now and don't wanna hold you guys up. Maybe I'll host a fall swap or something. I really need to get the vise back out...haven't tied a fly since December. Have fun y'all.

A fly swap is where 11 other people would tie flies and send them to troutfiend. He would then divvy them up to where each person got one or two of the other peoples flies and then send them back to us. I hope this made some kind of sense. lol

I'm down for a swap.

I'm in..TBD

FT are you in?

I will be in the process of moving next month and everything is going to be a royal mess. Not sure how many flies I can get tied in the next couple of weeks, but put me down for a Size 16 Caddis Emerger. I'll get started on them today. How many flies will we need? Two from each tyer with a limit of 12 tyers?

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.