Big News!

• Root Admin

I have to verify this but my dock person was told yesterday the following:

EMPIRE - the boards will be DOWN until OCTOBER. At some point in October, they will DRAW Taneycomo down 4 feet below power pool for 2 WEEKS so that they can install a "new system" across the top of Powersite Dam.

THIS MORNING ZERO units were on. NO GENERATION. With the boards down, the lake is be extremely low, especially above Trout Hollow.

I boated up to the Narrows early this am to take some picks - posted later this afternoon. The lake is still draining out. The water is supposed to kick on about noon today.

I wanted to drive to the dam and take some pics up there but ran out of time- had to get to church.

My Observations-

IF this is going to be the pattern for the next 4-5 months, we're going to see this very low water for lengthly periods of time. I would assume trout will move to deeper holes, where ever they can find them. I bet a lot of trout will move out of the trophy area because the water up there is going to be extremely skinny- shallow. I was amazed at the lack of watered area at the Narrows. I could not get above that point so I don't know what it looks like further up.

I would think the Corp would run some water most of the time just to keep the upper end watered but I don't know if they're going to do that- ie. this morning ---> no generation.

All I can say- it's going to be very interesting. Unchartered Territory.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I have been thinking about one of those small infaltable boats for trips down. Oars maybe a trolling motor. Might be a good summer to try one. We have lots of small lakes near my home which dont allow motors in which it could be used also for a quick trip.

Thanks for the heads up Phil and looking foward to the pics this afternoon.

Thom

Thom Harvengt

Thom, small catarafts have come a long way and you might want to look a some of them.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Jet boat times! Right Gator?

The only good line is a tight line

Wow that is big news. Unchartered territory but I'd sure love to see some wadeable water this summer and fall. Thanks for sharing.

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell

• Members

Jet boat times! Right Gator?

Looking at the last 2 pictures is there even room to get a boat on up past that rock bar do you think a bass boat with trolloing motor down and big motor trimmed up will make it

Looking at the last 2 pictures is there even room to get a boat on up past that rock bar do you think a bass boat with trolloing motor down and big motor trimmed up will make it

I would imagine that if you hug the bluff really close you'd be OK.. may only be about 3' of water over there now, but I think it's passable. Probably can't get much farther than the island at that level though for sure.

Those are some very impressive pictures Phil. It definitely looks to be a boaters nightmare for most and more so if the water level drops even more. How ironic that just a few weeks ago the water was at a record high and now so very low. Pretty amazing how the power of water can change and rearrange. I hope Phil can get some pictures on up to the dam. I can't get over the excessive gravel bars and the docks setting on them high and dry!

Time to break out the kayaks/canoes and paddle up!!!!!

"Thanks to Mother Mercy, Thanks to Brother Wine, Another night is over and we're walking down the line" - David Mallett