Mill Creek Report

I decided to try out Mill Creek this evening, on my way back to Springfield and found myself at Bohigian Conservation Area. I was wet wading completely, swim trunks and sandals and the stream felt so good.

I caught trout ranging from 2 to 10 inches, maybe around 25 or 30 all on nymphs. It was fun fishing in the fog of the evening.

First time at Mill and really liked this stream. I fish Crane regularly and the fish at Mill were hungrier, less spooky, and packed.

Andrew Nelson

Outdoor Adventures Graduate Assistant

Campus Recreation

Missouri State University

I decided to try out Mill Creek this evening, on my way back to Springfield and found myself at Bohigian Conservation Area. I was wet wading completely, swim trunks and sandals and the stream felt so good.

I caught trout ranging from 2 to 10 inches, maybe around 25 or 30 all on nymphs. It was fun fishing in the fog of the evening.

First time at Mill and really liked this stream. I fish Crane regularly and the fish at Mill were hungrier, less spooky, and packed.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great evening indeed.

Fished Mill again yesterday (Sunday, July 3rd) because I had to go back up to Vienna to celebrate our independence with my family. Fished in the heat of the day and did well considering I only had about an hour of time.

Ran into a nice older gentleman with his son or grandson with him, they told me that the fish weren't biting, but I didn't find that to be the case. I hooked up with several nice fish in the 10-12 inch range. Below if a photo of one of the nicer ones. I was again using bead head PT nymphs with 7x fluoro.

I have the next two days off from work so I might go try to tick Spring Creek and Little Piney off my list. I have a goal like mic, except mine is to hit all the public trout water this year.

post-11419-1309830431233_thumb.jpg

Andrew Nelson

Outdoor Adventures Graduate Assistant

Campus Recreation

Missouri State University