Minnesota Fishing

Bassmaster21

I just returned from a week long fishing trip on gunn lake in Minnesota. I had a blast. Only caught 3 northern pike but the bass fishing was outstanding. Caught my daily limit(6) every morning. The bass on average went as long as here but were all chunks and fought harder than the ones here. I did catch one 19" and then one monster...21" 6lbs. Man he was fat and fought harder than any bass I have ever caught. Every fish I caught was on a buzzbait or topwater frog. (except the crappie) all in all had a blast. Would like to hear of anyone else who has fished up north.

I'll try to add a few pics.

• 11 months later...

I used to live in Minnesota and did a lot of fishing.

One of the best times was on a trip to Lake of the Woods. Caught some monster Walleyes and Perch in the 12" range and my first Tulibee through the ice, usually on just a minnow or a swedish pimple and minnow-head. Ice was around 3.5 to 4 ft in March.

Another winter I went to an eddy on the Snake river in the winter. Caught Pike all morning, my uncle getting the biggest around 28". Went there in the spring also and caught Pike on the surface using spoons or crankbaits. It was an absolute blast.

I really miss the fishing opportunities up there. Having 10 lakes in a 50 mile radius was wonderful. I really haven't had much luck in Stockton lake or Pomme either. I'm sure it's just technique or not knowing the hotspots but my fishing now is mainly limited to local ponds that I seem to do really well on.

-Austin