next week visit

strobes

• Members

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Branson for a few days to fly fish the Trophy area below Table rock. And reading the forum discovered that suckers are running.

I have fly fish the place at summer, but never in October.

Please tell me what should I know before I arrive to make this few day exitng as usual when visiting this Beautiful fishing spot?

Aside from equipment, I would visit Lilley's, and the fly shops at the dam. I know they are all very helpful and have up to date information.

You're coming at a great time weather wise and you should have a great trip. :D

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• Root Admin

Suckers are NOT running. There's just alot of them in shallow places where you can see them... which happens to be closer to the dam. They've always been here.

It should be a great time to fish. It's starting to get pretty too... trees are starting to color up a bit.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Suckers are NOT running.

You're right, Phil... the ones I saw were not running... they were swimming.... :rolleyes:

(Sorry... couldn't resist....)

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

• Members
Suckers are NOT running. There's just alot of them in shallow places where you can see them... which happens to be closer to the dam. They've always been here.

It should be a great time to fish. It's starting to get pretty too... trees are starting to color up a bit.

Yes, I have not seen running suckers yet, thought in summer I did not see them around trophy area either? Are these that swimming up stream push trout away?

What is the current situation and I love to here you prognosis for next week.