Weekend Fishing

9LB

Pretty slow for me compared to what has been going on. Only caught about 6 keeper walleyes all weekend. I got pretty pissy with them and did not fish them that hard. Saturday the wind was pretty rough. Sat night I did catch some real nice bass and lost the bass of the year. I am sure he was 7 pounds. Oh, he got away, I mean he was at least 10 pounds. I found these little Goby plastics they were at the outlet store and we caught a bunch of smallies, large and even a walleye on it. Never tried anything like it but I thought I would pass it on. Looks like a little tadpole. It outfished everything most of the weekend and in certain holes it was the only bait we could get a fish to hit. We put it on a jighead and fished it like a grub. I am sure these critters are in the lake at certain times of the year but they were chomping them up this weekend.

Yes the Idiots are out on the lake! The water temp was 74 and with it came the jet Skis and the Tubers. Fisherman Beware !

Hope you don't mind me hi-jacking your thread 9lb. You did much better than I over the weekend. Saturday, put in at State Park to try to stay out of the wind a bit. Fished bottom bouncers and caught a mixed bag of fish including a four pound flathead and lost a nice smallie at the boat. Started trolling carnk baits on lead core line in the afternoon and caught a 17" eye in five minutes. He was the only one all weekend. Caught a mess of nice crappie, though. Sunday I threw the tackle box at 'em and just had no luck. Caught a few LM and drum. It was however, a nice couple of days on the lake with my wife. Unfortunately, I have some commitments coming up, and will not be back until the first of July. Please keep me posted on the pattern!

WM

It was a funny Walleye weekend. I fished Friday night the walleye ways and had no luck at all. 1 small cat and a crappie. Decided to go cast the shore for some bass and caught a nice 18 inch keeper walleye. Sat was crazy with the wind and I had my Mom in the boat. Mom knows the ways of a Zebco 33. I was out of worms and she was nagging on me. I told her a real walleye fisherman can catch them on a jig. We put on a white grub and drifted in about 26 feet across secret fishin hole #9 and caught 3 keepers. We could not repeat it anywhere else and the drift was about 5 miles per hour due to the wind so we went back into the coves and started throwing that Goby at the shore and had some fun action. Sunday I took out my TriToon with the family and trolled between the swimming holes and ended up with 1 more walleye and some crappies. It is funny I catch more walleyes trolling out of my Pontoon Boat fishing with the kids then I do in my walleye rig fishing alone?

I have a camper parked year round at Southwinds RV park so I always put my fishing boat in at Roark. I keep my Tritoon in a slip at the State Park Marina so I usually fish out of it on that part of the lake. I am almost always between twin bridges and the dam but with both boats at different spots I usually cover most of the lake.

• Members

I went up on Saturday and fished a little that night with no luck and then Sunday morning we went up past Y bridge and fished coves, points, and some brush piles and didn't get a single bite. Before we loaded the boat back up we hit one brush bank close to the camp ground and I caught two pretty nice bass in three casts on a pink and purple power worm. It was a pretty nice trip but would have like to catch a few more.