Returning The Favors Of My Past...

tjhooker

• Members

Life has a funny way of making a big circle sometimes. A few weekends ago I was blessed w/ the opportunity to take my dad fishing; something we don't do near enough anymore. We were fortunate to get on a few good crappie and it was like a role reversal from my childhood...he was like a kid in a candy store. As I worked to keep the boat steady he hauled in a few of these toads and we scooted back to the house to reminisce. I look forward to our next trip, probably wade a few creeks like we did when I was a boy.

post-12105-0-29852600-1368535316.jpg

Awesome. 20 years in the military kept me away from a lot of trips with the old man. One of the sacrifices that stings a little.

• Members

guys , you have no idea how impaortant this is!!!!! i am 34, 19 yrs ago mom beat breast cancer, only to leave us last year after out she had blatter, lung & bone cancer... my mom used to take me fishing on the white river, when i was small... my dad was not a fisherman, he was always too busy working..

when my mom left last year it made me realize that time is too short to work all the time.. i was starting to go that route, trying to keep money rolling in.. i decided that money is just not taht important. mine & my dad's relationship is not great since my mom left. But what i learned is my mom was my fishing buddy.. When she left i went to the river to fish, brought back a lot of memories, caught a lot of fish, gave me a chance to reflect on what was important & also what i shoul;d be doing with my kids... and thats fish more.. last year i let the grass get high, to go & will continue to do the same, you need this time, you cant get it back & no one can take the best memories like tjhooer was talking about...

nothing better than seeing a 4 yr old reeling a nice trout!

buy the way nice fish! noe day i'm gotin to satrt crappie fishing