Special Ops Wooly Bugger. "weaponized"

esox niger

IMG_2803-586x440.jpg

Oh boy....with a name like that, watch out fish!

just wanted to put out my version the the wooly bugger...how I like to fish it. even took a rainbow trout outa the same creek I catch catfish and carp in...go figure. Proven!

Alright, well, I used to tie this pattern a little then got away from it...you know the hackle costs $$ ....and the fly is just about as good without the hackle but the hackled version is none the less sick....and has its place in anyones fly box. Behold....the special ops Wooly Bugger, my new favorite fly.

This is the pattern takes the blue cat in the following video, plus a bunch of channel cats, 2 commons, and 2 monsters that got away. Granted there were a couple mulberrys dropping but none the less, this is one of the greatest patterns in history....+ hook point up and weedless...Weapon? I think so...nothing new? or is it. Hope this is helpful to someone tired of getting hung up left and right, its amazing how big your balls suddenly get when throwing weedless. no root wad is too menacing to chuck right into! Careless or tight casting...almost never snags in trees or brush...worth its weight in gold. IMO

Here's my mulberry tree video (my bad if you've already seen it, as i recently posted it in "general fly fishing")

Recipie:

L or XL bead chain, lead, other eye

hook of your choice dai riki #930 size 6 pictured

tail marabou

body dubed

hackle whatever

crystal flash yeah

weedguard 16-20lb mason hard mono

Missouriflies.com Online Carp Fly Store :)

Good looking fly. I like the idea of the weed guard.

If fishing was easy it would be called catching.