This Weekend

sms_alum

I am heading to Stockton this weekend for the first time this year. Not the best timing I know but it was the only weekend that would work. Anyone have any ideas what the lake level being 10 feet high will do to fishing? I assume this will move some of the blackbass up into the bushes but I was not sure what kind of affect it would have on the walleye and whites. I will be fishing out of the twin birdges/mutton creek area. Thanks in advance.

Jason

If you have electronics, check out the mdc brush piles (many are marked on shore with a little green sign). Should be able to find some crappie there, and probably bass too. IDK how high the lake is now, but if its up pretty good, they may be deeper than you would expect. (id guess start at 15-20ft and work deeper). Check the previous post from Stockton guide service, mentions walleye/crappie/catfish probably pretty reliable. Walleye=jigs w/crawlers or spoons on flats and points experiment with depth. (if you catch one stay at that depth!) Also trollin deep cranks on flats/humps and drop offs. Bass I would guess would be pretty scattered, probably can catch a few in backs of creeks if there is lots of water, a few off the brush piles, and in the flooded bush. I would also guess you could catch a few deep bass with DS or split shot rigs around the thermocline depth, either off the bottom or suspended in trees an stuff. Good luck!!

Fishing was tough this weekend. Ended up finding a few nice largemouths in the backs of coves and far up creeks but you had to work for them. Tons of small bass fry everywhere and a few nice keepers.

We found a few whites and kentuckies around the bridges deep. Also, tried trolling some and picked up a pretty mixed bag of fish but never got into them very consistently. Definitely tons of shad everywhere and millions of fry in shallow so there is plenty of food out there.

• Members

I fished this past weekend. 10 keeper crappie Saturday and a limit Sunday. One went 14" but most 10"-11". It seems those pesky 9 inch fish this spring are keepers now. I saw fall behavior on Sunday. Schooling crappie. 100+ moving slowly through a cove on the main lake. You could see the top of the school but they didn't bite, had to go down to 10'-15' to get bites. used jigs and nibbles. Odd behavior for August. Good luck.