Fishing Reports & Boswell Results

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

Boswell Memorial, a private tournament, left the dock for the 25th time this morning at 7:30. 31 boats which may be the most ever to fish. I did a shotgun start, which I regretted very much- thank you. But no one got hurt thankfully. In the past, a shotgun hasn't been a problem because half the field was still in bed at the 7:30 start but this morning everyone was ready to go at 7:15...

No one is allowed above Fall Creek in this contest. They are running 2 units at 705.9 early so fishing should be very good today- I think. I may have to get out and chase those crappie I heard about- thinking about fishing off the boardwalk in front of the Crab Shack- that's where they caught the crappie yesterday. Lunch anyone!?

1-6-07a.jpg

1-6-07b.jpg

1-6-07c.jpg

1-6-07d.jpg

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I would have to agree with that quote above! Looks like a fun time though.

"He told us about Christ's disciples being fisherman, and we were left to assume...that all great fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fisherman and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman." - Norman Maclean-A River Runs Through It

Did someone say CRAPPIE!?!?!?

Yeah, shotgun starts are scary, but good that nobody got "stupid" and got hurt.

I'll be anxious to see the results...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

• Root Admin

Drove to the Landing and walked the walk. Threw a white and then a sculpin jig straight with no results. Worked down to the Crab Shack- caught one bass on a sculpin jig under an indicator right along the gravel dropoff- about 2 lbs- too big to lift up the wall- broke off. Caught a small rainbow same rig. That's it.

• Root Admin

Guys are catching browns drifting minnows on the bottom from Riverlake thru Cooper Creek area. Measured one 21-inch brown just now- pic later after weighin.

• Root Admin

Boswell is over for another year. Great weather but tough fishing for the third day.

1-6-07e.jpg

Minnows and chartreuse power paste proved to be the best bait.

1-6-07f.jpg

Brown caught on minnows. 21 inches- released.

Ive heard of crappie in that vacinity before the landing was built.I was sceptical.The person that told me was a taney county police officer so I was kinda believen him.Are there any size to them?Was there a good number of ,or just someone caught a few?Thats so close to my home i could try it and still stay warm.I gots to know.

[ [