Headed Down To Current River Below Montauk This Friday January 16Th...

mapm2004

Your success rate will improve the farther you travel from your access point, Which is everyone elses too. On a likely busy day on the stream, try walking, walking, and more walking, to get away from other fishermen. Don't stress too much on your fly selection. Pick something and throw it. Lures and flies only work when they are in the water. So quit fussin and start fishing.

Don't stress too much on your fly selection. Pick something and throw it. Lures and flies only work when they are in the water. So quit fussin and start fishing.

True story!! I have caught trout in the current on some WEIRD patterns and colors.

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

• Members

We got almost 3" of snow last night.You may get a bump in the water level as all this will be melted today and runoff.

We got almost 3" of snow last night.You may get a bump in the water level as all this will be melted today and runoff.

Wow thats a lot of snow! Should I be worried about flooding? Not wanting to drive 3 hours to get there and cant fish...

• Members

Nice brown. 17?

Gavin, I measured as best as I could off the photo and came up with between 20 - 21" Outside edge of the hoop to the inside edge is 15" I believe. If I am wrong please don't correct me lol!!! I don't want to know.

Don't stress too much on your fly selection. Pick something and throw it.

I agree that presentation trumps selection, though size and profile are important too.