Beaver first time trip today

Ketchup

The Mrs. and I were headed to fish Cape Fair, but got the notion to run across the border and try Beaver. We will use the same tactics we use in these lakes, and see what a day of memories on a new body of water brings.

Now gotta search for a ramp, route, etc. Will post update tonight.

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Hey good luck. The lake has been hit up with dual tournaments this weekend and a tournaments previous to that.

If you're looking for bass, look for them on main lake around 15-30ft. Wind is good. Look for underwater points and where bass would be feeding. I was striker fishing yesterday and ended up with more good bass than stripers. Wind was howling and pushing my boat over 1mph with just the wind. Evidently it the bite turned on later in the day.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

Thanks J,

We only had 3 hours to fish by the time we went to Rogers, bought our yearly Arkie fishing license, and got to the lake.

We put in at Ventris, and fished the areas ive marked with an X. We didnt land any fish, but had 2 nice fish on, one broke off on a jig, and another spit the hook on a jig. The wind was a little pushy for our aluminum boat, but we managed. Since we bought a year license, that means we will be going back. Not much cover in the areas we fished. Im going to study the lake maps before we make our next trip.

post-18219-0-28507600-1430100470_thumb.j

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Give me a shout before next trip and I'll hel you plan ahead. ;-)

You tried some good areas. But you were close to better areas.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!