Fishing report 9/3

• Members

Had a tough day on the Lower Illinois. I knew it was going to be bad when I walked down to the river and it was roughly the color of chocolate milk, with no fish rising for as far as the eye could see. fished for about 2.5 hours with a fly rod and caught one fish. I couldn't believe how murky the water was. Hopefully it will clear up this fall.

• Members

Maybe Phil Curtis or David Games will chime in but things have taken a turn for the worse for the LIR. I didnt attend the Tulsa flyfishers meeting last night but ran into Pat Daly today. He informed me that there is no longer any water allocated to support trout. The only water that will flow will be for hydroelectricity. Im thinking the LIR will become winter fishing only. If your fishing for trout, dont waste your time at the LIR. Water temps are too high for trout, plus they're not stocking any trout since July.

If you're not part of the Tulsa Fly Fishers Facebook page, check it out and join.  Scott Hood will be posting information on how we can contact your public officials to try and get something done about the LIR.  As James alluded to above, it is a sad state of affairs, if you are a trout fisherman.  However, it is a hot spot for Stripers right now.

DaddyO

We all make decisions; but, in the end, our decisions make us.

Hoping and praying they can get this resolved. Thanks for the info Daddyo. I'll check out the page.

RELEASE THOSE BROWNIES!!

• Members

Had a tough day on the Lower Illinois. I knew it was going to be bad when I walked down to the river and it was roughly the color of chocolate milk, with no fish rising for as far as the eye could see. fished for about 2.5 hours with a fly rod and caught one fish. I couldn't believe how murky the water was. Hopefully it will clear up this fall.

bad is not the word ,very very very bad,,,,,,,

• Members

Maybe Phil Curtis or David Games will chime in but things have taken a turn for the worse for the LIR. I didnt attend the Tulsa flyfishers meeting last night but ran into Pat Daly today. He informed me that there is no longer any water allocated to support trout. The only water that will flow will be for hydroelectricity. Im thinking the LIR will become winter fishing only. If your fishing for trout, dont waste your time at the LIR. Water temps are too high for trout, plus they're not stocking any trout since July.