Fished a few days this past weekend

evilcatfish

Had a friends float near Lesterville this past weekend and needless to say I got as much fishing in as possible from Friday mid day to Sunday morning. Bait of the weekend was without a doubt a 3.5" skinny tube, color didn't seem to matter as long as it was semi natural. With the good action on the tube I figured I might be able to get a couple on a jig or hd craw but with the exception of one little guy, no dice. I guess with the clear water and busy river this wasn't a surprise. Nearly every hole produced a fish or several, but with the exception of a few in the 16" range they were all little guys. Several fish also came from the middle of the river when I was just messing around not really expecting a fish to hit. I will say topwater action was really slow except for very early morning or a little while after sunset, and even then I ended up only 4 fish total on top.  Final count for the weekend was 57 fish, of which about 75% were smallies, the rest greenfish and 1 goggle eye. Sorry for not posting any pictures, I figured my dinks weren't worth posting haha.  In the end, fish were caught, beers were drank, and a good time was had by everyone in the group. 

*Oh, and Al would be proud, no spinning rods were used  :)