Tan-Tara and Linn Creek area

Decided to leave crappie alone for awhile and went bass fishing last 2 days. Wednesday fished around Tan-Tara area from about 10:30 till storms rolled in which I think was around 3 and had 4 keepers and some shorts on jigs. All fish were shallow with a consistent bite. Fished yesterday from noon till 4 and had 3 small keepers fishing in linn creek, 2 on spinnerbait and 1 on a jig. Water was chocolate in very back of linn creek from storms. Picts of best 2 from Wednesday outing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well done!... Headed down tonight and will be in the Tan-Tar-A area... I'm thinking it may be a spinnerbait bite with the wind that's being forecasted... Thanks for the report. Those are some solid fish! I'm a big fan of that Dirks Jig!!

WW, thanks for the information and pictures.  Healthy looking bass for sure.  Any idea on the WT in Linn Creek area?

Mike

WW, thanks.  Water seems to be warming slowly but surely.

Mike

Water temp was 53 to 56. The jig is a custom made jig my buddy makes which is real similar to Dirks. I cannot afford Dirks at $5/jig ?. 

I hear ya... Your buddy's looks very similar!

Wayne up at Fitz tackle can't keep them in stock.

I buy from Chad Deaver on Facebook. He's one of Dirk's buddies and started helping him make & ship them this winter. He'll make pretty much any color for you and then you can pay via PayPal. Really nice guy to deal with and he shipped fast. Even sent a few extras because he took a day longer than he originally said (which was still fast though). They are just a great jig all around! Awesome hook, hand tied, and the powder paint they use is indestructible. Quality and a proven producer for sure which is why Wayne can't keep em in stock. Chad actually told me that they are usually sold before the shipment even arrives at Fitz's

I buy from Chad Deaver on Facebook. He's one of Dirk's buddies and started helping him make & ship them this winter. He'll make pretty much any color for you and then you can pay via PayPal. Really nice guy to deal with and he shipped fast. Even sent a few extras because he took a day longer than he originally said (which was still fast though). They are just a great jig all around! Awesome hook, hand tied, and the powder paint they use is indestructible. Quality and a proven producer for sure which is why Wayne can't keep em in stock. Chad actually told me that they are usually sold before the shipment even arrives at Fitz's

Yep, I had Wayne order me some before my buddy started making them, they are a good jig for sure