Yehaww! Another striper on my crappie rod!!

Lance34

Got out mid day yesterday.  Dragged flicker shads down the white on the edge of flats around the river channel looking for big slabs.

Boated 5 small crappie between 11-13 inches, a couple of whites, and scratching my head on this one....

Caught a striper? lol

He was a peanut, but tons of fun on a 8ft crappie trolling rod.  

Pulled size 7 pearl, white/chartreuse, chrome/black back, fire tiger, and orange tiger.  Once I got to clearer water the bite started to picked up some but not much.

Man was it hot!

Have a good one out there.  God Bless

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was thinking of going by the dam in the morning. You think there might be a striper top water bite left?

Is it better to put in at Lost Bridge South or North? I may wait until Monday morning to avoid boats, what time does the boat

traffic get crazy on that end of lake? It's been years since I fished the big end of the lake. 

12 hours ago, Robert Haynes said:

I was thinking of going by the dam in the morning. You think there might be a striper top water bite left?

Is it better to put in at Lost Bridge South or North? I may wait until Monday morning to avoid boats, what time does the boat

traffic get crazy on that end of lake? It's been years since I fished the big end of the lake.

My neighbor was up on that end yesterday, he says there is still a bit of a top water bite, but it appears to be tailing off.  They caught 2 stripers yesterday.  It's an early bite and doesn't last long.

As far as boat traffic, it will get crazy later in the morning, usually starting about 10-11 AM.  LB South is a more sheltered ramp, LB North is exposed to the main lake wakes and wind.

Thanks, ended up with 4 grandkids coming over last night so no energy to get up early. Im gonna try late this evening or early tomorrow morning. Hoping the rain today will send pleasure boaters home and lake won't be bad this evening.

Thanks for advise.