Word Is...

Phil Lilley

• Root Admin

Without reading the recent reports (I may be repeating what others are saying), I've heard from very good sources that the smallmouth are gorging themselves in the dam area. Cranks and other fall time baits (I don't want to give away one lure because I don't have permission). Big smallies and lots of them. Regular smallmouth banks. Fish spitting up crawdads when reeled in. Recent reports- as recent as yesterday mid day.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it ! Had plans to come down this week and fish the Homer Sloan, but we are covered up at work and cant get away.

Dennis Boothe

Joplin Mo.

For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing

in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

~ Winston Churchill ~

Cool, thanks for the report !! I will be there in a few days. What color are the crawdads on the rocks ?

Billfo (Bill From Omaha)

Without reading the recent reports (I may be repeating what others are saying), I've heard from very good sources that the smallmouth are gorging themselves in the dam area. Cranks and other fall time baits (I don't want to give away one lure because I don't have permission). Big smallies and lots of them. Regular smallmouth banks. Fish spitting up crawdads when reeled in. Recent reports- as recent as yesterday mid day.

Email me

Red-Right-Returning is for quitters !

Cool, thanks for the report !! I will be there in a few days. What color are the crawdads on the rocks ?

Billfo (Bill From Omaha)

Most I have seen are brownish orange

I will be heading down around 12-1 and fish until midnight or so

Most I have seen are brownish orange

I will be heading down around 12-1 and fish until midnight or so

I'm putting in at Indian Point tomorrow around 1pm. Driving an 06' Yota (white) w 99' 374 Ranger (Burg/Silvr) in tow.........D

Darren Sadler "Fishing is an Education...Often the fish 'school' me, yet I do not complain. I just keep going to class!"

I was down last week for 6 days and had the best luck ever for me. Had about 4 or 5 in the 17 inch range, the rest anywhere from 8 to 14 inches in general. I caught a few of them on a crank but most on the jig and trailer. Fished places I had not previously fished. I lost so many jigs on hangups but had pretty good luck overall. I am hoping the trend continues through the end of the month as I want to come down the last week of October.

Thanks Phil. That was on my hit list! I hope it is as good as hope it to be!

Darren Sadler "Fishing is an Education...Often the fish 'school' me, yet I do not complain. I just keep going to class!"

Didn't make it to midnight as my stomach decided it wanted some Jill's BBQ around 7:30 so I decided 7 hours was enough today. Man they were biting when I first got there. I didn't post a report the other day but I got on some back of the creek fish...so I decided to follow up on that and found a good pod of them in the back of my first stop. The first 3 hours I was there I caught 13 with 7 keepers including 5 good keepers off 1 little secondary point WAY back there. After that flurry I just picked one off here in there with most of them being smallish but did catch a couple good brownies main lake as the sun was setting. For those who like to do it my last 2 trips I have caught 12 keepers off the very last secondary point in the backs of creeks...some good ones too. Caught everything today burning one of my blades and throwing a shallow crawdad crank.

I don't have an orange sticker but I run a 2004 Triton TR 186 DC with the White/Black/Red color scheme...fish by myself a lot this time of year because my friends are hunters