I'm New

Mike Bultemeier

• Members

I met a bunch of guys over the weekend on the Little Niangua river. They turned me on to this website. I'm trying to get ahold of one of the guys that goes by "Chief Gray Bear". It was a great trip even though I didn't catch any smallmouths worth talking about.

Mike B.

Blue Springs Mo.

I met a bunch of guys over the weekend on the Little Niangua river. They turned me on to this website. I'm trying to get ahold of one of the guys that goes by "Chief Gray Bear". It was a great trip even though I didn't catch any smallmouths worth talking about.

Mike B.

Blue Springs Mo.

Welcome!

Interesting group of fellas, eh? Chief should be around shortly... Don't tell him I got to you first! ;)

Enjoy the OAF, take care.

cricket.c21.com

• Members

I don't know what "bridge hop" is? But I did float in one of my kayaks. Yes it was tough fishing.

I have been to the little niangua three times this year. All have been after labor day. I can tell

you that the river needs to be at 4.1 feet at the USGS river gage at Macks Creek. If lower I think the oxygen level drops. Above 5.0 the river becomes turbid.

Mike

I don't know what "bridge hop" is?

By "Bridge hopping" I meant: Accessing by road and fishing within wading distance of the bridges (or accesses).

Rivers of that size actually fish a little better like that, or by fishing your way upstream and using the canoe/yak only to paddle across the deep holes.

You're right, 4.0-4.5 is the magic number for the LN. 4-6 inches, one way or the other, makes a big difference on certain stretches. If there's not enough current to move the snake-grass you won't find many decent smallies around it.

By "Bridge hopping" I meant: Accessing by road and fishing within wading distance of the bridges (or accesses).

Rivers of that size actually fish a little better like that, or by fishing your way upstream and using the canoe/yak only to paddle across the deep holes.

You're right, 4.0-4.5 is the magic number for the LN. 4-6 inches, one way or the other, makes a big difference on certain stretches. If there's not enough current to move the snake-grass you won't find many decent smallies around it.

I must insist that, if you are going to freely give out this type of useful information, you do it in person.. I'm sure this Mike fellow would love to hit the river with you.. You Gould make a date!! :)

cricket.c21.com