Good Day At Rr

On a business trip today to Roaring River, I spent my lunch hour - 11 to 3 - in the park. Just so happened, I needed to do some field testing with one of the Hendrix Outdoors rods, so I took the opportunity to cast some flies in the river.

Fishing was pretty good, not hot, but "warm" and kept my interest. A couple of good things came out of it... I took three fish on dry flies - one on a Royal Coachman, and two on an Adams. The other, was taking two hook jaws... The one below and another one just before I left. I had left the camera in the truck when I moved down to the spot where I fished last. But, it was this one's twin, only about an inch shorter.

There was a 10 lb trout caught this morning. Wish I had been there to see it... Maybe next time I'll get to take its picture in my hands... :rolleyes:

post-954-12914226662239_thumb.jpg

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

On a business trip today to Roaring River, I spent my lunch hour - 11 to 3 - in the park. Just so happened, I needed to do some field testing with one of the Hendrix Outdoors rods, so I took the opportunity to cast some flies in the river.

Fishing was pretty good, not hot, but "warm" and kept my interest. A couple of good things came out of it... I took three fish on dry flies - one on a Royal Coachman, and two on an Adams. The other, was taking two hook jaws... The one below and another one just before I left. I had left the camera in the truck when I moved down to the spot where I fished last. But, it was this one's twin, only about an inch shorter.

There was a 10 lb trout caught this morning. Wish I had been there to see it... Maybe next time I'll get to take its picture in my hands... :rolleyes:

post-954-12914226662239_thumb.jpg

I wish I had a fishing job. Are you hiring? Glad you had a good trip Terry.

Eric... Field testing samples... After I got the fish smell on it, I sold two dozen! :lol:

Laker... You only want a fishing job (especially as a sales rep) if you already have a ton of money in the bank that you can live on... :lol: WAIT.... :blink: I don't have a ton of money... I don't have ANY money... But I do have a kewl net!!! :lol:

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

Jasper... They've done some cleaning of the beds in each hole. The water was clear - barely stained from the rain. I hope you're having a good day there today...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL