Camping In The Area In Winter?

Chris Barclay

hello everyone,

I'm curious if there is any camping in the area of the Little Piney or Mill Creek (aside from Lane Spring) in the winter? I'm thinking about going down there soon and wanted to camp but know this is the off season for Lane.

Thanks!

You could do some primitive camping on the FS Land near Mill Creek...Google the Kaintuck Trail and you should get plenty of info. Paddy Creek Wilderness would be another possibility. FS does have a fire ring on L. Piney on the way to Mill Dam Hollow. You can camp there too...but its usually trashed (party spot)...Wouldnt recommend it. Cheers.

Thanks Gavin! I didn't realize that primitive camping is okay on FS land (not used to MO rules yet).

MDC even allows it on some of their land also. I don't think there are any areas owned by the MDC on the Little Piney that allow camping.

MDC Atlas

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

There are places you could probably camp around the Milldam Hollow Access on the Little Piney... That's in the White Ribbon trout area-certainly there is some decent trout fishing down there but it is further downstream than I prefer to fish. As Gavin mentioned you can also camp on FS property near Mill Creek-and that's what I'd do if I were you.