Turkey Or Snow

budman

Is Turkey the same as the access point at Snow, off of County road 4006. If it is, is there a point between there and Kellys Slab to put in. Don't want to float 10-11 miles in a day a still fish the creek slowly.

No. The Turkey access (which was off MC 4005) is no longer available as it is all private land now.

You can talk to Jimmy Walker at the Snow access and he'll let you put in at Georges Creek. It's private land there but he has right to it (if he doesn't own it outright.) I think he charges $10 for the acess right up to Crooked Creek. We have put in by the highway bridge and had to carry a canoe a pretty good distance. I'd rather pay the $10.

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

No. The Turkey access (which was off MC 4005) is no longer available as it is all private land now.

You can talk to Jimmy Walker at the Snow access and he'll let you put in at Georges Creek. It's private land there but he has right to it (if he doesn't own it outright.) I think he charges $10 for the acess right up to Crooked Creek. We have put in by the highway bridge and had to carry a canoe a pretty good distance. I'd rather pay the $10.

right now if you wanted to put in or get out at the bridge at georges creek you will be carrying your canoe 150 yards on dry ground.

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.