Bass Fisher Hitting Tablerock For The First Time. Where Do I Start?

TArcher

• Members

I have been on Tablerock many times through the years and most of the time within the last couple of years but still very unfamiliar with the lake. I have never fished this great lake but would like to. Around my home I fish for largemouth mostly. I will be staying in the Aunts Creek area and there is a boat launch there. Is this area of the lake decent bass fishing? Will I be alright fishing around bank edges at first light til about 10 a.m.? I usually throw buzzbaits, 2-8 ft crankbaits and plastic worms/craws.

I here alot of people saying to use swim baits off of gravel bar points on the lake and fishing around 10-15 ft down or working jigs down the gravel bar. Where are most of these gravel bars located?

Thanks for any advice.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

You will be fishing in Techo's favorite part of the lake. He may try to tell you there are no fish in Aunt's Creek, but ignore him.

Top water bite early has not been good the last ten days. You have to really work. On the other hand, Bill Babler, one of this board's premier guide posters, says the jig bite on long, flat points that roll off into channels is excellent. Last weeks tournament winners pitched into the flooded stuff (remember, the corps is dropping the lake 3 to 4 inches a day and 4 days makes a big difference) and also fished large soft plastics just outside the brush.

Read some posts and good luck.

We did pretty well trollin chartreuse crankbaits about 10-15 feet down around the points last week. Got into smallies mainly. Good times

• Members

Thanks guys.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

No fish in Aunt's Creek! JUst kidding!:yaeh-am-not-durnk:

I would never go to Aunts without a jig and twin tailed trailer on. Might be a good time to try that C-rigged fish doctor. I wouldn't drive past point 10 if I was you and fish up the whole bank from there. You will know it when you see it.

Tim Carpenter

Think the swimbait bite is one of the bites that will hold up with dropping water or if the COE slows the flow. Can find them on prominent secondaries in the large creeks with deep water (80' or so) close by, main lake creek points with depth and wood, main lake swings with wood. Think those fish will just move to the depth they want in those areas as water levels force them to adjust.

Drag bite on the points can be fickle depending on flow, or at least it always is for me. Lots of good water from Aunts back to Baxter in the White and down towards Mill Creek and Hwy 13.